Quick Gluten Free Pantry Casserole Recipe Template
created by Carrie @ www.gingerlemongirl.com
Here's an easy way to construct a pantry casserole or hot pot depending on which region of the country you are from. We make a meal like this at least once a week. Have fun and use what you have on hand. It may not always be the prettiest meal, but it will always be healthy & filling.
- 1-2 cups cooked, chopped protein (chicken, beans, ground beef or turkey, tofu, pork, etc..)
- 1-2 cups cooked starch (gluten free pasta, rice, brown rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, wild rice, millet, quinoa, aramanth, etc..)
- 3 cups your favorite vegetables, either pre-cooked, frozen, canned (and drained), or raw (chopped into bite size pieces) = (zucchini/yellow squash, mushrooms, green or red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, green beans, kale, spinach, carrots, garden peas, asparagus, etc...)
- 2-3 cups liquid (chicken broth, plain tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, salsa, beef broth, vegetable broth, homemade gluten free "cream soup", etc..)
- Seasonings & Spices: use what you like with the flavor you like... here's are two great guides for different international flavors: Cooking Light World Cuisine Spice Guide & Cooking With Us - Cultural Spice Guide
- Toppings (optional - I usually don't add a topping -- but for company and presentation it's nice!) -- blanched almond flour is awesome and looks & tastes like parmesan cheese when sprinkled evenly over casserole, bread crumbs or crushed corn tortillas, sliced almonds, shredded cheese if you're a dairy person, etc...
Super fast casserole: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To make this uber fast, simply toss all ingredients but the topping in a large bowl and mix together. Pour casserole mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish -or- 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle on toppings if desired. Bake for 30 minutes until casserole is heated through.
Layered casserole: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease casserole dish. Add ingredients in layers (layer of protein, layer of starch, layer of vegetables etc) Pour liquid of choice over casserole. Add toppings if desired. Bake for 30 minutes or until casserole is heated through.
Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving!
All Rights Reserved. COPYRIGHT © 2011 Gingerlemongirl.com
Do not republish without permission from Carrie Forbes @ email@example.com