Centennial College, Warden Woods Campus: 1988 - 1990
Two year course included: publishing, copy editing, copywriting, proofreading, journalism, language arts, graphic arts, photography, psychology and economics.
* Social media: Twitter, Flickr, Google+, Facebook, Scoop.it, etc.
* Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web usability standards.
* Publishing with WordPress, Movable Type, Tumblr, Blogger, etc.
* Working with a team to develop ontology and integrity of a web directory.
* Digital photography and image scannings for urban exploration.
* Location scout for two Ontario film makers.
* Production assistant for a web radio show.
* ASCII artist.
* Columnist, community manager, content curator and forum moderator.
* Copywriting, editing and proofreading. Strong verbal, oral and written communication skills.
Volunteer with The Open Directory Project: 1998 - ongoing.
Editor and website reviewer. Responsible for maintaining the directory as an editall.
See laurabrown.ca for current and ongoing projects.
LockerGnome, WZ, HerPlanet, BackWash, Suite101, Squidoo and HubPages - Columnist, researcher, interviewer, proofreader, with DIY social media, site promotion and SEO.
UP on the DL - Online public relations, social media campaigns and blog tours. Illustrating and copywriting for blog network. In partnership with Deanna Dahlsad.
Elemental Musings - Assistant to Bev Walton-Porter on BlogTalkRadio.