What's Not Available in Gmail
You'll find that Gmail provides robust, business-class features, many of which are not available in Memo, Outlook/Exchange, Zimbra. However, some of the features and capabilities you might be used to are not available in Google Apps or were not included in our implementation, including:
- Message alerts -- You'll no longer see a message "snippet" in the lower-right corner of your desktop when a new message arrives. However, the Google Chrome web browser does support Desktop Notifications.
- Message flags (such as Important and Follow-up) -- However, you can use stars and labels to highlight messages in your Inbox.
- Column sorting -- You can't sort messages by clicking the column headings in your Inbox. However, you can use Gmail search options to list messages in order according to sender and date.
- Message recall -- If you send a message that you wish you hadn't, you can't recall it to prevent recipients from opening it. However, if you enable the undo send option in Labs, you will have A short time-frame in which you can cancel the send. After that time-frame, the message cannot be recalled.
- Read/Return receipts -- There is no option to get a notification when a recipient opens your message.
- View options -- You can't change the placement of the reading/preview pane or move any components in the Mail window.
- Multiple email signatures -- Multiple signatures are not available in Gmail at this time.