Sweet Potato Rolls with Maple Pecan Butter
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato (warm 110 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
For the Maple Pecan Butter:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup finely chopped or ground pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve yeast, warm water, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add remaining sugars, sweet potato, butter or margarine, salt, and slightly beaten eggs. Stir to mix well. Add flour and fit the stand mixer with the dough hook, Knead 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth, shape into a ball. Place in an oiled bowl, cover, and let rise about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Punch down, and allow dough to rest for 2 minutes. Divide into 16 to 20 balls. To shape, take a piece of dough and start forming a round, smooth ball by pulling the sides to the center and pinching to seal.
- Place, pinched side down, on a counter and lightly cupping your hand around the dough ball, rotate your hand in small circles lightly rolling the ball around the palm of your hand. and place on a greased cookie sheet or in a 9x13 inch pan. Allow to rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking prepare the Maple Pecan Butter. In small mixer bowl, beat butter on medium speed until light. Add pecans; mix well. Gradually beat in syrup.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com