The Punic Wars
Use pages 158 – 159 in your textbook (or here) and watch this movie (3:23 - 6:25) to fill in the chart below.
- What does “punic” mean? What were this group’s two accomplishments that we studied earlier in the year?
- Who were the two principal combatants in the Punic Wars?
- When were the Punic Wars?
- How many Punic Wars were there and who won each one?
- Who led the Carthaginians in the second Punic War? Which Roman leader defeated him?
- What were two results of the Punic Wars?