Spray Tech II –Job Description
Position qualifications (essential qualifications including job experience, skills, and education):
- Enjoy the outdoors!
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Follow safety procedure.
Job summary or overview:
- This person has a minimum of 6 months experience with herbicide application or environmental work. They will still need on the job training, but they have experience in a related field.
- Spray tech II will work in a team of 2 or 3 depending on maintenance techniques. Daily tasks include setting up truck for the day, working under the direction of Bill Nash, traveling to ROW, applying herbicide to unwanted vegetation, returning to shop, and cleaning out truck for the following day.
- Foundation Skills Mastered:
- Plant Species (1-10)
- Precautionary Safety: Small Equipment / Hose Safety; Personal Safety (PPE + things like hydration); Chemical Signal Words
- Environmental Awareness: Being able to look at the ROW and identify locations; and navigation skills
- Trail Blazing Technique
- Identifying Herbicide Injury
- Plant Species (10+) & Growth habits
- Precautionary Safety: Truck / Equipment Safety; Truck Positioning (Weight / Ground Conditions); Knowing where you are: Identify First Aids / Gas Stations ; First Aid
- Problem Solving
- Learning the forms / Software
- Customer Interactions
Assigned duties and responsibilities:
- Beginning of Day: Active participant in Safety PreJob
- During the Day:
- Good communication / positioning with other team members
- Physically demanding -Keep hose available to others & Actively applying herbicide
- End of Day: Clean out all debris in truck & bed of truck
Supervisor or manager:
Bill Nash, Herb Team Manager, will oversee the daily tasks and majority of the responsibilities. Diane Knighton, owner, will oversee a few tasks.
Salary: Starting at $15 – opportunity to advance to Crew Leader (+6 months)