Fulfillment Advisory Group
Description and Statement of Work
Return on Investment (ROI)
Because participation in the work of Fulfillment is optional, ROI will vary from person to person. Each member of Fulfillment will have the opportunity to attend one or more in-person meetings per year, and can also serve on task forces.
- Fulfillment Advisory Group Member
- Fulfillment’s in-person meetings generally last 5-6 hours, and are designed for high engagement professional development, best practice, and peer to peer training opportunities.
- Each meeting includes time for sharing with colleagues and developing relationships, as well as times focused on specific areas of learning.
- After attending a Fulfillment meeting, participants should be better equipped to collaborate with their PALNI Fulfillment colleagues and better equipped for the work associated with Fulfillment activities.
- Fulfillment Steering Committee
- Monthly 1 hour meetings
- 3 hours working group activities, projects, and task forces
- Access to professional development funds and training opportunities
- Direct development through leadership opportunities, skill sharing, and peer relationships
- Fulfillment coordinates a range of activities, support and development opportunities available to all PALNI members (see below)
Goals of this Statement of Work
This statement of work defines the operational support provided by the Fulfillment Advisory group to PALNI supported institutions. The objectives of this statement of work are to:
- Articulate clear roles and responsibilities of the Fulfillment Advisory Group.
- Provide a concise and clear description of the operational services and support provided.
- Ensure that expected service is delivered through measurable means.
- Communicate expectations for PALNI supported institutions.
The Fulfillment Advisory Group (Fulfillment) coordinates maintenance, best practices, troubleshooting, and development efforts associated with resource sharing for PALNI libraries. Coordinates PALNI resource sharing efforts and provides input and priorities to the PALShare Admin team. This group examines opportunities related to ILL and other possibilities for resource sharing between PALNI supported institutions as well as externally and develops associated best practices. Works with the Collection Management Policy Group.
Administer and coordinate PALNI-wide resource sharing through WMS. Provide PALNI-wide support for optimizing use of WMS, test new releases, and gather data to prioritize development for resource sharing. Structure: Led by the Fulfillment coordinator, the group members represent a balance of Interlibrary Loan and Circulation staff, and from small, medium, and large libraries
- Holds 1-2 virtual or in-person workshops per year.
- Maintains the applicable Fulfillment services and support resources.
- Creates targeted task forces on pertinent Fulfillment topics.
- Oversee PALShare Admin Team
The group consists of those who are both supervising or working with fulfillment (resource sharing and document delivery) activities on each campus. Participation in Fulfillment events and work is encouraged but optional.
The work of Fulfillment is coordinated by a steering committee:
- Barb Chen - University of St. Francis
- Laina Ridenour - Butler University
- Heather Myers - Anderson University
- Phoebe Migliano - DePauw University
The steering committee can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The PALShare Admin Team consists of:
- Laura Vogler - Wabash College
- Rhoda Palmer - Grace College
- Kim Wenning - University of Indianapolis
- Laina Ridenour - Butler Indiana
- Barb Chen - University of Saint Francis
- Heather Myers - Anderson University
Ongoing Responsibilities of Fulfillment
- Review the statement of work annually or as necessary to address changes in staffing, expectations, or service need.
- Perform action items, including those from the strategic plan and others that are identified.
- Actively collaborate with other PALNI groups.
- Update PALShare Manual as needed
- Update Best Practices as needed
- Perform Annual Reconciliation
- Identify and assess resource sharing solutions
- Advocate for development of resource sharing solutions
- Explore alternative fulfillment models including integration with resource vendors, OA content, or deeper collection partnerships
Ongoing Responsibilities of the Fulfillment Steering
- Members of the Fulfillment steering committee spend 3 or more hours a month working on Fulfillment activities, and are expected to serve in a Fulfillment leadership capacity by chairing and serving on task forces, as well as planning Fulfillment events.
Ongoing Local Responsibilities
- Fulfillment resources and support are developed specifically for staff at PALNI member libraries. Institutions are responsible for implementing tools and services at a local level.
- Adhere to the PALShare Best Practices
- Actively participate in the reconciliation process
- Provide stats upon request
- Fulfillment provides the PALNI board and other stakeholders with updates about activities and support requests.
- Fulfillment will disseminate any information pertaining to PALShare and other Resource Sharing activities to PALNI libraries.
For More Information
- Contact the PALNI Fulfillment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org