"Inspiring Innovation -- Shaping Careers"
Welcome to Barking & Dagenham College.
We provide a great place to learn for students of all ages. You will enjoy high quality technical and professional training that will develop the skills you need to take you to university, straight into work, or take your career to the next level.
We don't just provide you with a qualification, we train you for a career. We provide a wide range of opportunities to allow you to achieve your goals and, working closely with employers, will tailor your training to give you all the skills needed for a successful career.
‘The Pledge’ 2017/2018: The Pledge is a guide to how the College will support you to achieve and succeed at Barking & Dagenham College. The guide will inform you of how the College will work in partnership with you to ensure that you achieve your aspirations and ambitions.
Our Pledge and Commitment to You
- We will provide an environment that actively celebrates diversity and in which all students are provided with the resources to realise their full potential regardless of sex, culture, race, religion, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability.
- We will treat you with respect, courtesy and fairness.
- We will provide a safe and secure environment to ensure that you feel safe at College.
- We will ensure that you receive high quality, impartial advice on your choice of course, careers and progression opportunities.
- We will provide you with high quality teaching, learning and assessment to meet your individual needs and aspirations.
- We will assess your learning needs, create a plan for learning tailored to you and regularly discuss your progress to help you achieve your targets and goals.
- We will advise you of how well you are doing and what you need to improve at all stages of your programme through timely feedback.
- We will help develop your technical and T-shaped skills in industry standard facilities, and realistic working environments.
- We will support you to progress at the end of your course to further learning, employment, an apprenticeship or Higher Education.
- We will provide you with a wide range of tailored support appropriate to your needs; for example: mentoring, opportunities coaching, counselling and wellbeing support, financial and learning support.
- We will listen to your views on how we can make your experience at the college the best it can be and respond in a timely manner.
Your Pledge and Commitment to Us
- You will show respect for others regardless of their culture, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender alignment or marital status.
- You will take responsibility for your personal safety by following college guidelines and procedures.
- You will keep yourself and others safe whilst on College premises by wearing your College I.D Card at all times and not allowing others to enter the college using your I.D.
- You will behave in a professional manner at all times and follow the student code of conduct. You will aim to attend all classes and on time.
- You will aim to achieve your full potential by completing assessments to the best of your ability, in an honest and fair way and within the timescales set.
- You will make the most of the opportunities available to you whilst at College by participating in college activities and sharing your views.