Crothers Connection Newsletter
- LEAD FROM WHERE YOU STAND! -
Happy November! We have made it through the 1st Card Marking and the first few weeks of hybrid learning. I am extremely proud of our students. They have successfully followed the new safety procedures. I have included this information in this newsletter. Please continue to review it with your students.
I would like to draw your attention to work completion. Many students are struggling to turn in work. Both online and in person students are not finishing their assignments. Academic work is how students can demonstrate knowledge learned during classroom lessons. Our staff is available to support students both online and in person.
Our situation is different from the Spring of 2020. Students will be held responsible for their learning and the completion of assignments. To move forward, especially during these times, we need to work together to keep the focus on student learning. Contact your students teacher if you need support regarding your student’s academics.
Warren, MI 48093
Hybrid Student Hours
Full Day: 9:05 am - 3:00 pm
AM Half Day: 9:05 am - 12:10 am
Dress for the Weather
With the temperatures dipping outside, we want to remind you of the importance of sending your children to school with proper winter wear. Please be sure to send them with boots, gloves, and hats on chilly days. Classes will be going outside for recess as far into the winter season as the temperature allows
Parking in the school parking lot is reserved for staff between the hours of
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Parent and visitor parking is permitted in the following areas:
- In front of the school on Campbell
- Across the street at the park and have your student cross with the crossing guard.
Please ensure that your child arrives before the second bell each morning (9:05 am).
It is important for them to start the day off right. Eight absences will result in a letter from the principal.
Twelve absences will result in a referral to the MISD Truancy Officer.
November 3 - NO SCHOOL (Election Day)
November 6 - ½ Day (End of Q1 - Dismissal @ 12:10pm)
Crothers Building Hybrid
Safety Policies and Procedures - November 2020
Masks and Social Distancing
- All adults and students are required to wear mask while on school grounds
- Students will be given “mask breaks” at the teachers discretion
- Students will be seated 6 ft apart when possible. Clear barriers may be placed in classrooms to accommodate closer seating and small group work
Health and Safety
- All students will complete a Self Check Health Screener daily, prior to attending school.
- If a student presents symptoms of illness, it will be addressed on a case by case basis. SYMPTOM GUIDE
- Parent/Guardian will be contacted in the event a student presents symptoms.
- Students presenting symptoms will remain with Building Staff in a Health Safe Area until the student is picked up.
- Next steps for supporting the student will be made in cooperation with the Parent/Guardian, Principal, and CLPS Administration.
- Students may begin to line up starting at 8:50am. All students will be supervised by a staff member.
- Students will line up at their assigned doors, wearing masks, and observing social distancing.
- In the event of inclement weather, students will bag materials and proceed into the classroom. All staff will be utilized to support indoor lineup situations.
- Student materials brought from home will be kept in separate storage during the school day.
- Each student will wash/sanitize their hands as laid out by the classroom teacher’s daily procedures.
- Students will not leave classrooms until instructed.
- Students will pack and dress for dismissal materials in the classrooms and line up socially distanced in the classrooms.
- Staff will assist students in finding families for pickup or boarding the bus.
Extracurriculars - Birthday Treats
- Drinking fountains will be shut off until further notice. Faucets will remain on. Please bring a water bottle.
- All in person before/after school events/clubs are suspended until further notice
- Birthday treats will not be permitted until further notice
- Birthdays will be recognized through a teacher/student selected activity (15 minutes of fame, game, etc.)
- Volunteers or family members will not be allowed in the building (only with Principal permission - emergencies or extenuating circumstances).
- Parents dropping off student items will leave the labeled items on a designated cart outside the front door. School staff will deliver items to classrooms
- Visitors admitted to the building will have their temperature checked