ADC-IARPC Vocabularies and Semantics Working Group


Meeting Agenda & Minutes

When

2018-10-16 17:00 UTC

Where

Time: Feb 20, 2018 11:00 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

    Every month on the Third Tue, 7 occurrence(s)

    Apr 17, 2018 11:00 AM

    May 15, 2018 11:00 AM

    Jun 19, 2018 11:00 AM

    Jul 17, 2018 11:00 AM

    Aug 21, 2018 11:00 AM

    Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.

    Monthly: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/meeting/105236636/ics?icsToken=8a84e892514ea380d1627217fcaa54543a5691e3417a22c8090d6c00f6d11c2e

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/j/105236636

Or iPhone one-tap :

    US: +16465588656,,105236636#  or +16699006833,,105236636#

Or Telephone:

    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):

        US: +1 646 558 8656  or +1 669 900 6833

    Meeting ID: 105 236 636

    International numbers available: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=umAiSa7Y4hx-K37gCihbbXdYBrIdZfS9

Or an H.323/SIP room system:

    H.323:

        162.255.37.11 (US West)

        162.255.36.11 (US East)

        221.122.88.195 (China)

        115.114.131.7 (India)

        213.19.144.110 (EMEA)

        202.177.207.158 (Australia)

        209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)

        64.211.144.160 (Brazil)

        69.174.57.160 (Canada)

    Meeting ID: 105 236 636

    SIP: 105236636@zoomcrc.com

Preliminary agenda (and minutes)

  1. Round table (who is attending)
  1. Shannon, Bill, Ruth, Øystein, Barbara
  1. Action: Ruth to check if Shannon is on the Google group.
  1. Adoption of agenda
  1. Ok
  1. Review of minutes of previous meeting
  1. 2018-09-18
  1. Approved, will be published.
  1. Status of responses to the Polar Vocabularies questionnaire
  1. The Google form was circulated internally among WG members after the last meeting. Discussion on how the form worked and the information collected.
  1. Need to guide users through the form, add supplementary text at each element. Email is for the user filling out, contact name for the resource itself, add some more guidance on expected input on website URL and Repository link.
  1. Action: Ruth to update the form accordingly. - done (same day)
  1. Initial discussion on the outcome of discussions on semantics at the Polar Data Planning Summit
  1. There will be a follow up meeting in Geneva in November, Polar Data Architecture Workshop.
  1. Awareness updates (roundtable)
  1. Update from Barbara on relevant activities in RDA VSIG. Need to avoid duplication of efforts. Next major meeting December 4th, usually meeting every month. No full overview, looking for modelling efforts. They have a Slack channel. Barbara can give an update of the RDA activity at the next meeting.
  1. Action: Øystein to include this in the preliminary agenda for the next meeting.
  1. Ruth reported that NSF EarthCube is establishing a resource (ontologies etc, but also reusable components like source code) registry. Will be a session on this at the ESIP winter meeting.
  2. Øystein reported on information received during discussions between SIOS and ENVRIPlus. ENVRIPlus has had activities on semantics that will be continued in the ENVRI-FAIR project. This has kick off early 2019. Both the ENVRI family of projects (ENVRI, ENVRIPlus and ENVRI-FAIR) and European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) have worked on semantics, mapping of vocabularies and establishing registries. The people involved are active in RDA VSIG. The level of cooperation between these European initiatives and US / Canadian activities is not well understood, harmonisation/alignment of efforts would be beneficial.
  1. Next meeting
  1. Agreed to do the third Tuesday of the month, at 17:00 UTC.
  2. Next meeting will be (tentatively) 2018-11-20 at 17:00 UTC.