Happy birthday to Kevin C.
PENNY DRIVE - Tues., 12/4 thru Fri., 12/7, Student Council will be hosting their annual penny drive to purchase Christmas gifts for kids for the local food pantry. You will be a team with your 3rd hour class. The winning class will get a game/party/treat day in the gym during 3rd hour on a day TBA the week before Christmas break. Ask your teacher for more details on how this works.
Early Dismissal --
01. Lunch today: Hamburger bar, tots, fruit, milk.
Breakfast tomorrow: Omelet, english muffin, fruit, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Pulled Pork, baked beans, sweet potato fries, fruit, milk.
02. College/Military Reps:
Thurs., Dec. 13, U.S. Army, 11:15 am
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 12/11 - Dynamic Reading, P5
Wed., 12/12 - 8:25, Class meetings.
7th gr. Meets in Mrs. Ross’ rm
8th gr. Meets in
9th gr. Meets in Mr. Merrick’s rm
10th gr. Meets in
12th gr. Meets in
Fri., 12/14 - 8:25, Life 101
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Turn in your Resume & Cover Letter to Mrs. Ourada before December 20th.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb. 15- Basin Electric Power Coop (Redwood County students)
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
07. New books in the library.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid, the Meltdown by Jeff Kinney
When snow closes Greg's school, he and his best friend, Rowley, face a fight for survival as warring gangs turn the neighborhood into a wintry battlefield.
08. There will be no Jr. High KB practice on Wednesday, December 5th. Ms. Schoephoerster is gone. Practice on Friday during lunch.
JH KB will meet during lunch in Ms. Schoephoerster's room on Fridays and every other Wednesday (alternating with FCA meetings).
09. WWG OAP PRACTICE -
Wed., 12/5 - 3:30-5:30
Thurs., 12/6 - none
Fri., 12/7 - 6:00-7:00
Sat., 12/8 - 9:00-noon
Tues., 12/11 - 3:30-5:30
Wed., 12/12 - 3:30-5:30
Thurs., 12/13 - 6:00-8:30
Sat., 12/15 - 9:00-noon
10. The school board approved a 1/2 credit required Lifetime Fitness class.
-Starting with class of 2020, 10-12th grade will be required to take a Lifetime Fitness course to graduate high school.
-You can get a jump start on this by taking Lifetime Fitness 2nd semester as a skinny period 5, as a quarter 3 block in period 3, or as a quarter 4 block period 3.
Talk with Mrs. Ourada if you would like to make scheduling changes to meet the Lifetime Fitness requirement..
11.Starting 2nd semester, students will have ONE DAY, the first day of the new semester, to make changes to their schedule. Make changes before the end of the first day, or no changes to schedule will be accepted. Take a look at your 2nd sem. Schedule online. You can make changes with Mrs. Ourada anytime before the 2nd day of 2nd semester.
12. WWG Winter Athletic Pictures for boys’ and girls’ basketball and cheer will be at Westbrook Monday, Dec. 10, beginning at 3:15.
13. The following students will be gone 12-5 to SDSU for Anatomy: Madison D., Victoria G., Talitha H., Melinda L., Halle S., Grace W., Alan Y.
14. MOVIE NIGHT - W.A.V. will be sponsoring the movie “ELF” at the WWG HS auditorium on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 7:00 PM. Admission is free. There will be popcorn and water for sale at the event. This is open to all ages.
15. College Prep Writing will be taking a field trip to SMSU on Thursday, Dec. 6. We will leave at 8:15 and should return by 6th period. Please excuse the following students: Andrew Q., Parker F., Makayla E., Gracie W., Joel B., Grace W., Talitha H., Skylar S., Jake K., and Ben O.
16. FREE opportunity!
Are you interested in learning more about flying? TAPS and WWG are asking students if they would be interested in taking 25 hours of ground school in order to obtain a student pilot certificate with TSA. If there is student interest we would possibly offer this class on weekends or evenings at Tracy Area High School. Note: In order to gain a pilot’s license students would need to take 40 hours of flight instruction in addition to this class. If you are 16 or older and interested in taking this class, please let Karen know before December 5. All materials and 10 hrs of flying are FREE!
17. Speech meeting 12/6 in room 104 during lunch for all those interested in joining speech this year.
18. Juniors will be meeting with Merlin from PIC to get their job shadow assignments on Thursday, Dec. 6. Schedules are posted by the junior lockers. Please check your assigned time, and If you can't make the assigned time please trade with someone else.
19. GAME NIGHT
Saturday December 8, 2018
Walnut Grove Activity Club
WALNUT GROVE COMMUNITY CENTER
5 pm- 10 pm
Ages 10 and older
Games, movies & misc.
20. HELP WANTED:
Four 9-12 grade assistants are needed for the Walnut Grove Community Christmas event on Wed., 12/19/18, 4:30-8:30 PM.
You will be helping children and can earn $40 to be put in your class trip account.
Call Paula at WG city office, 507-859-2135.
21. Book Club is ALMOST back! Please check back for details on a start date that doesn’t conflict with other meetings.
22. A HUGE thank you to Sam V. and Joel B. for their help at the elementary Hour of Code last night! Your help and knowledge of computer science was greatly appreciated.
23. The Earth Yes class is collecting old or even broken Christmas lights. If you have Christmas light that are not working please bring it to the Earth Yes class in Mr. Merrick’s room. We would really appreciate you doing it.
Did you know switching to LED lights helps it helps you save money. The more you know the less you pay.
24. Attention students who have so kindly offered to help with the W.A.V. Elf Power! Christmas event for kids.
Those helping Fri., 12/7, please be at school cafeteria by 5:00 or as soon as you can. We’ll be setting up for Saturday’s event.
Those helping kids with activities on Sat., 12/8, please be at school cafeteria by 3:15. Event starts at 3:30.
Those helping with the movies, come to the home ec. Room by 4:30 to help with popcorn and water sales set up, and to sell during movie.
If you have questions, talk to Karen.
25. Sports Update: The WWG varsity boys basketball team won over Windom 78-49. The B-squad also won over Windom.
The TMB/WWG wrestlers picked up a win over RWV and the both the 7th and 8th grade girls basketball teams won over TMB.
26. Government students will be absent on Tuesday, December 11th to compete in a mock congressional hearing at the Capitol in St. Paul. Those absent will be Camryn B., Madison D., Nick H., Kate J., Kevin L., Pasyn P., Halle S., Wyatt C., Alan Y., Andrew Q., Gracie W., Brittany E., and Ben O. Wish them luck!
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Pay only the taxes on the $200 value for a year long Fitness Membership to the WWG Fitness Centers and enjoy unlimited uses all year long. Each year the WWG School Board offers all regularly employed WWG staff an Annual Membership to the schools Fitness Centers.
Each calendar year, employees can choose to be a member. If you have been a member in the past, you will need to renew your membership each December for the upcoming year. If you would like to join, please contact me this December. Thanks, Jane Hass
03. Faculty meeting on Mon., 12/10, 7:45 AM, Sandbulte’s room.
04. CPT on Fri., 12/14 in Schoephoerster’s room.
Mon., 12/10 - ECFE at WG, 5:30.
WWG Elementary concert, 7:00 PM.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thurs., 12/6 - GB, HLO/F at WB, 6:00. Supervisor-Theisen, Conc.-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Schoephoerster.
JH GB at Brewster, 4:30. Bus leaves WB at 3:30.
WR, Canby & St. James at Tracy, 5:00.
Fri., 12/7 - BB, RRC at WB, 5:00. Pep band plays. Elem. BB at ½ time. Supervisor-Theisen, Conc.-Freshmen, Conc. Supervisor-Byers.
JH BB, HLO at WB, 4:30.
Sat., 12/8 - JH BB at Tracy Tourney, 9:00 AM. Bus leaves WB at 8:00 AM.
Mon., 12/10 - Elementary Concert, 7:00 PM.
Tues., 12/11 - GB, Adrian at WB, 6:00. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Kletscher.
JH BB at Fulda, 4:30.
WR, Adrian/Pipestone & Tracy, 5:00.
Thurs., 12/13 - JH, MCC at WG, 4:30.
BB at Mtn. Lake, 6:00.
WR, Windom, W-RRC at Wabasso, 5:00.
Fri., 12/14 - GB at Edgerton, 6:00.