SPA Announcements and News
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Our school theme this year is Formed and Strengthened by God's Word." Today, our verse of the day is: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, just as he chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless before him in love.” (Ephesians 1:3-4)
- The country has spoken and so have the young voters of SPACHS. The following are the results of the student vote in our school. Thank you to all who took the time to vote!
Federal Election Results: October 18th, 2019
Tyler Beauchamp (People’s Party of Canada)
Ronald Brochu (Liberal Party of Canada)
Ernest Chauvet (Christian Heritage Party of Canada)
Guy Desforges (NDP)
Dane Lloyd (Conservative Party of Canada)
Cass Romyn (Green Party of Canada)
Across the country 1,181,053 students voted and the students elected a minority government: Liberals won the most seats (110), followed by the NDP (99 seats), Conservatives (94 seats), Green Party (28 seats), and the Bloc Quebecois (9 seats)
- Did you know that in the Tri-Region 219 adults and 221 children are at risk of homelessness? Pitch in to help out (and have a great time) by Trick-or-Treating for the Foodbank on Halloween. If you’re interested in joining us, there is a sign-up sheet in the office. All are welcome.
- QSA meeting in room 15 at lunch on Thursday. Everyone is welcome.
- Have you ever thought about careers in policing? Cst. McLean will be visiting SPA on Thursday, October 31st during flex block (room 164) to share some information about careers with the RCMP. Everyone is welcome.
- SPA Media Students interested in working on Video production for Halloween and November pushups for PTSD please come to RM 134 During Flex and Sign up with Rachel.
- Roughly every minute of every day, someone in Canada needs blood. SPACHS has 15 blood donation appointments on Friday, November 1st, beginning at 3:30 pm, at Holy Trinity Parish. You must be 17 years of age to donate. If you are interested in donating, visit www.blood.ca to take the eligibility quiz. Please sign up in room 207 during Flex this week. See Miss Stamp if you have any questions.
- Our second edition of the Cynics Café goes this Friday, Oct 25 in the foods room. Fr. Paul Moret will discuss how a good and loving God can allow evil and suffering… all are welcome for good food and good conversation.
- Drebit’s Outdoor Ed 9: if you have your forms today, bring them to the PE office.
- Fr. Paul celebrates Mass every Tuesday morning in the Chapel at 7:45am.
- Medical Sciences Workshop is happening on Saturday, October 26 and Sunday, October 27th at the Edmonton Clinic Health Academy (ECHA) and costs $25 per person. This is a 3-hour interactive workshop where students get to participate in hands-on sessions led by medical students at the University of Alberta in various areas of the medical field. For more information and registration use the following link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/medical-sciences-workshop-msw-2019-tickets-72124736027?fbclid=IwAR29VjYpSR5jB0pFuIxKejXsEk_4_-2HU4QcLBK3VHQsQ6JVoGiRGWHHwkw
Engineering Workshop is on November 9th and this is an all-day workshop at the Engineering Teaching and Learning Complex (ETLC) at the University of Alberta from 8 am - 5 pm and includes lunch for only $30. The workshop will feature both demonstrations and interactive activities led by engineering students in the following areas: chemical engineering, electrical engineering, materials engineering, and mechanical engineering. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/engineering-workshop-ew-2019-tickets-70092004071?aff=ebapi
These are great opportunities for students to experience some aspects of these fields and gain knowledge about an area they are interested in.
POST SECONDARY INFORMATION
- OPEN HOUSES
Norquest - Saturday, Oct. 26
MacEwan - Saturday, Nov. 2
Kings - Saturday, Nov. 2