Job Title: Front of House Service, Peregrine
Compensation: $16-$20/hour, based on experience
AM and PM shifts available, 7 day per week operation, including holidays
Conveniently located across the street from Charles/MGH Red Line station, and near Downtown Crossing and Park Street stations for Green and Orange lines
We are looking for high energy individuals who are passionate about giving great service, learning about great food and engaging in their work!
We offer flexible, set schedules, though weekend availability is very helpful, and the opportunity to work for a fun and exciting new restaurant, just opened by the team behind the national award-winning Juliet.
Peregrine, like Juliet, works a bit differently than other restaurants. Staff are paid full wages, and are valued dearly for their professional work...which includes of course, guest service, but also learning to understand how their role affects the growth of the business, and how they are an important part of building and sustaining a culture of professionalism and excellent work, but also inclusion, positivity, support, and fun.
If you haven't been a server before but you do have some experience as a salesperson, a barista, a bar-back or have a background in theatre we encourage you to apply!
We ask that all applicants, regardless of experience, be ready to hit the ground running as we are just a month old, and busier than originally expected. Peregrine has been a hit on our corner of Charles Street, and we need to bring people onto the team who are excited by the challenge of providing excellent service while learning how to put systems in place to keep the restaurant running smoothly and efficiently, and building this as a fun place to work for our staff, and spend time in for our guests.
Front of House compensation begins between 16 and 20 dollars per hour depending on experience. Initial FOH training will include:
Our performance expectations are:
- Uses Aloha, a touch-screen POS System
- Uses Open Table, a reservation and restaurant seating system
- Replenishes products and supplies on the floor
- Keeps dining areas and workspaces neat and clean
- Carries the guests order to the table, double checking for accuracy
- Can explain all ingredients in our dishes and knows the stories behind our food and beverages
- Actively engages in learning about the food and culture influences that inform the menus at Peregrine
- Answers guest questions and gets help when needed
- Positively responds to direction and does not shy away from requesting assistance from co-workers, supervisors, managers and guests
- Treats guests and co-workers with courtesy and respect
- Makes eye contact and greets guests enthusiastically
- Does whatever it takes to make every guest's experience a great one
- Finds ways to keep busy and stay productive during slow times
- Actively engages in documenting and updating standard operating procedures
- Documents customer compliments, complaints and suggestions
- Attends training classes, or otherwise participates in training activities, as scheduled and required
- Assists in other areas of Peregrine, bringing personal experience and interests to the betterment of the team
- Attends Juliet and Company business activities
- Trains other staff members
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Experience working in sales/customer service and/or the foodservice/hospitality industry preferred (although we welcome the opportunity to welcome less experienced team members when we have the space for training through internships or just a one day look behind the scenes).
- Has a reputation for giving great service to guests and co-workers
- Can handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excels at giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Comes to the table to communicate for the betterment of the team/restaurant
- Has good problem solving skills
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Is able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Communicates professionally and enthusiastically in person and on the phone
- Can maintain high energy during the entire shift
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change quickly
- Able to relocate up to 50lbs occasionally
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- Likes to have fun at work!
- Self-motivated and enjoys learning
- Passionate about selling great food, wine, and giving great service
- Regularly makes people feel like they were the best part of your day