Gateway Regional High School
Fashion Design I - Grades 10-12
856-848-8200 Voice Mail 629
Remind 856-345-2852 - @6a69f3
Google Classroom Code - 5yever4
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Life Skills or Independent Living
This Family and Consumer Science course is for the advanced students who want to continue developing their sewing skills. Students’ hands-on experience will include fashion construction of various projects that will incorporate pattern alterations, clothing design, and advanced sewing techniques. A walk through fashion history to today’s trends will be analyzed. At the end the year students will participate in the fashion show finale.
* Nominal fees may apply depending on student project choices.
Course Expectations and Assessments
The student will be required to construct three articles of clothing. The construction techniques they will be required to learn are as follows:
In addition to clothing articles they will:
Students may retake traditional tests or benchmarks however, students may NOT retake long term sewing project assignments. Students may rework areas as they work on their sewing project if they would like to improve their grade in certain areas of the rubric. There are deadlines for assignments that students are expected to meet to stay on task for the marking period and not fall behind.
There are no take home homework assignments given in this class. At times students may need to work on an assignment outside of class in order to complete it by the deadline.
Required and Recommended Materials
Mrs. Pierce is available for after school help on Fridays. Students need to let Mrs. Pierce know they will be staying.
Classroom Behavioral Expectations and Rewards/Consequences
Expected Behavior in Room 101
· Treat yourself and others with respect
· Be cooperative and not disruptive
· Take Responsibility for your actions
Daily Classroom Procedures:
· Place Attendance card in correct basket
· Be in your assigned seat when bell rings
· Lavatory: 10/10 Rule applies at all times
· Keep all cell phones OUT OF SIGHT!
· Keep Chromebooks away and closed unless it is for instructional purpose.
· No Ear Buds or wearing around neck while working in the room.
· No hats or hoods up.
· Bring a pen or pencil and folder to class everyday!
· No talking during announcements.
· Teacher’s desk are off limits except for permission by teacher.
· Pencil sharpener – no colored pencils in the electric sharpener.
· Primary 60% Grading: test, projects, class participation,handouts,
· Secondary 30% and quizzes, google classroom
· Support 10% “1” in the computer means absent but required
· Total: 100% “2” in the computer means did not turn in
· Check the ABSENTEE FOLDER or GOOGLE CLASSROOM for your work, if absent. It is the responsibility of the student to make up all work that is missed.
· Safety – no running, or horseplay in the room, no leaving the kitchen units, and abide by the safety features discussed
· Supplies – Scissors, needles, and pins should only be used for sewing and kept in the sewing room at all times. All food supplies are provided by the teacher.
· Fire Drills – Students will line up in single file and proceed in an extremely orderly manner. Roll will be taken outside.
· Stay in your seat! (Do not line up at the door) Wait until the bell rings.