(Last Updated March 30th, 2018)
- 1792 Union Valley Road
- West Milford, NJ 07480
- Contact Information- Judy Bellina
- Phone Number- (973)-535-1181 x 1223
- E-Mail- email@example.com
- Website- http://camphopenj.com/index.html
- Camp Hope is a summer day camp in East Hanover, NJ that offers a fun-filled outdoor experience for children and adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Must be 14+ years old to volunteer
- Must obtain an application packet and go on an interview
- Would assist counselors in groups setting
Color a Smile
- Mail- P.O. Box 1517, Morristown, NJ 07962-1516
- Fedex/ UPS- 166 Ridgedale Ave, Morristown, NJ 07962
- Contact Information- Jerry Harris
- Phone Number- (201)-213-1177
- E-Mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expected Duties- non profit organization that distributes cheerful drawings to senior citizens, troops overseas, and others in need of a smile. Visit the website for directions on how to participate
- Additional Information
- Most volunteer hours are off site. Follow the steps to get your hours completed.
- 1. Color a few sample drawings and take them to your supervisor that oversees the volunteer program.
- 2. Explain how long it took you to color the drawings, how many more drawings you plan to complete, and how many hours it will take you to finish.
- 3. Ask your supervisor to approve your plan and approve the hours.
- 4. Complete the drawings and take them back to your supervisor for verification.
- 5. Mail the drawings to us and we will send you an acknowledgement letter stating how many drawings we received. (We cannot estimate the time it took you to complete the drawings)
- 6. Show the acknowledgement letter to your supervisor to verify the completion of your volunteer project.
- If you are requesting an acknowledgement letter, you MUST write on the front of your envelope: “OPEN IMMEDIATELY, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NEEDED.” Enclose a note telling us your name and the school or group that you represent. Include a stamped, self-addressed envelope if you want us to mail you a letter or give us an E-Mail address to send the letter via E-Mail.
Community Soup Kitchen and Outreach Center
- 36 South Street, Morristown, NJ 07960
- Contact Information- Heidi
- Expected Duties- Organization that provides warm nutritious meals, free of charge, no questions asked, to anyone seeking nourishment. Volunteers age 12 and older can serve hot meals to guests, sort & distribute food donations, and move food from the pantry to dining room and kitchen.
- Additional Information
- Bake for the breakfast program
- Bake for the lunch program
- Collect personal care items for the guests
- Collect non-perishable food items for the guest
- Assemble take home breakfast bags
- Breakfast, Lunch and Farmer markets are run 3x a week.
- Limited weekend spots- call ahead to reserve!
- See flyers attached (2)
Eric Johnson House
- 44 South Street, Morristown, NJ 07960
- Contact Information- Joann
- Organization provides supportive services, housing opportunities, prevention education to people living with HIV/AIDS. Various volunteer opportunities available based on availability (do offer evening and weekends).
- 540 West Hanover Ave, Suite 100, Morristown, NJ 07860
- Website- https://www.homelesssolutions.org/
- Expected Duties- Preparing and serving lunch and dinner, teaching workshops, providing childcare, reading and organizing activities for children, and running donation drives.
- Additional Information-
Lakeland Hills Family YMCA
- 100 Fanny Road, Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
- Contact Information- Randy Smith
- Phone Number (973)-334-2820
- Will negotiate in desire of position
- Minimum age- 16 years old
- Depend on flexibility on schedule
- Must be 18+ to work at camp
- Must go in and obtain a paper application
Market Street Mission
- 9 Market Street, Morristown, NJ 07960
- Contact Information- Mary Kate Kelly
- Phone- (973)-538-6337
- E-Mail- email@example.com
- Website- http://www.marketstreet.org/
- Expected Duties- This is an organization that assist homeless and underprivileged individuals. Volunteers perform office duties, tutor, sort food and stock pantries, serve meals, as well as wide variety of other tasks
- Additional Information--> see flyers attached (3)
Morristown Medical Center
- 100 Madison Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07860
- Phone- (973)-971-5475
- Website- www.atlantichealth.org/morristown
- Volunteers perform clerical work, provide hospital assistance, or assist with recreational activities and special events. Summer opportunities are available. Apply early as positions filled quickly
New Eyes for the Needy
- 549 Millburn Avenue, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Contact Information- Sally Golding
- Phone Number- (973)-376-4088
- E-Mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expected Duties- Volunteers sort, test, and re-package thousands of pairs of donated eyeglasses for distribution oversea to poor people in developing countries, complete administrative tasks, and help spruce up the exterior of the building
- Additional Information- Must be 14 years or older. Will offer after school availabilities from 2:45p-4:30p
Parsippany Ambulance Squad
- 15 Crescent Drive, Parsippany NJ 07054
- Phone- (973)- 887- 3003
- Website- www.pvas.org
- Expected Duties- Interested teens can join the ambulance squad at age 15 and begin riding at age 16. Junior Squad members will assist senior EMT members on calls and squad business
- Additional Information- Application is online.
Saint Clare's Hospital
- 130 Powerville Road, Boonton, NJ 07005
- 25 Pocono Road, Denville, NJ 07834
- 400 West Blackwell Street, Dover, NJ 07801
- Expected Duties- Volunteers can work directly with patients: courier services, Emergency Room assistance, flower and mail delivery, or patient transport. Non-patient areas include central supply, medical records, gift shop, or the reception desk
- 10 Washington Valley Road, Morristown, NJ 07960
- Phone- (973)-539-4425
- E-Mail- email@example.com
- Website- www.seeingeye.org
- Expected Duties- seeing eye dog training organization. Volunteers provide clerical assistance, fill dog food dishes, drive graduates to speaking engagement, and many other activities!
- Additional Information- Must be 18 years or older and have morning availabilities
The Chelsea at Montville
- 165 Changebridge Road, Montville, NJ 07045
- Phone Number- (973)-402-1100
- Website- https://www.chelseaseniorliving.com/
- Expected Duties- Assisted living center where students can run recreational activities and visit with senior citizens. Students must fill out an application and be interviewed
- Additional Information- Application is not available online. Must go in person and fill it out