NOTE: main trails have a 'u' horseshoe. Connector trails have a 'n' horseshoe.
The do-loop only uses main trails. If you find yourself on a connector trail,
stop and re-navigate.
- From the parking lot, take the northern trailhead
- Bear right on the blue horseshoe trail
- NOTE: during BRR, you will go left to the white loop first
- At the chain-link fence, follow the trail right
- There will be a junction with the white trail, keep right on blue
- NOTE: during BRR, you finish the white loop here and turn left to the do-loop
- Follow the trail, paralleling the entry road, until it crosses the road.
- Follow the trail straight and downhill until a left turn at a junction. (“B” on the map)
- NOTE: this is an easy one to miss.
- Keep following blue. At map point “C”, cross a stream and take the trail to the left.
- NOTE: this is the other side of point “B”, it is also easy to miss.
- Keep following blue. You will make a hard-right turn. You are almost at the BRR aid station.
- Just before point “D”, turn left onto a gravel road (it's well marked). During BRR you will see the Aid station just ahead.
- Cross the service road, keep following blue.
- At “D”, you are now at the top of the "stem" of the do-loop lollipop. Go right here.
- NOTE: when you finish the loop portion, you will arrive back here from the forward direction.
- Follow the trail downhill until you come to the '57 Ford, just before point “F”
- Just after the Ford, at point “F”, you'll come to an intersection with the orange trail. Follow orange left.
- NOTE: this is were many get lost. To go right here will put you in uncharted territory.
- Follow orange downhill to the river.
- At the river, bear left, up hill.
- NOTE: this is where the trail can be hard to follow. It's not well traveled, and markers can be faded.
- You'll come across another car at point “G”. Don't panic, you didn't get turned around: there are two cars in the do-loop!
- This next second of orange is is full of sharp up/downs.
- At the junction with yellow, follow orange left.
- NOTE: don't follow yellow, that way lies madness.
- You're back at the top of the loop, go straight, now back on blue, retracing your steps from the first 2.5-ish miles, back to the parking lot:
- Just after the aid station at “D”, turn right.
- At point “C” turn right, cross the steam.
- At point “B” turn right, heading up hill
- Cross the road, follow the trail paralleling the road.
- NOTE: during BRR you won't do the white loop again. Head straight back to the parking lot.
- Don't miss the left turn from the chain link fence back toward the parking lot.