Okanogan Chamber of Commerce
Board of Directors
August 22, 2017
Call to Order: 12:16 pm by Budd Featherly
Attendees: Budd Featherly, Chanelle Carlin-Black, Bryan Cook, Roxanne Best, Ted Reinbold Apologies: Bonnie Rawson, Bess Derting, Stacy LaDoux and Leonie Reinbold
Scribe: Chanelle Carlin-Black
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from July 27 meeting approved unanimously (Chanelle moved/Ted seconded). No discussion.
Treasurer’s Report: $11,112.89; Bryan paid the VIC invoice for their employee and the Dawg House for the Street Party expenses.
- Update from Coordinator - Roxanne updated the board on plans for the upcoming Movie Night to be held downtown this Friday evening. Sponsors include Forbidden Cannabis. She highlighted needs for volunteers.
- Support for Treasurer - Bryan is still waiting for a date to work with Bess and Greg Hamilton.
- Chamber Banner w new logo - Chanelle informed the board that last she knew, Leone and Bill are working to finalize the details of the design.
- Carolon Bells - Budd will contact Waldo in Omak to see if he can fix it, as soon as he can.
- Festival of Trees - Roxanne confirmed the location of the tree for this event.
- “Chamber Banquet” - A brief discussion was held a potential name change to help the event seem more open to the public. The Board members agreed that for now we will keep the name the same and look to build the event in other ways.
- Harvest Festival - Roxanne said the committee is in place but has not met yet. She is receiving Vendor Inquiries. She confirmed that the Autumn Leaf Run will not be part of this year’s event because their board seems concerned about Harvest Festival’s Beer Garden. The board members present suggested that Roxanne could go talk with their committee in person about Harvest Fest and see whether they would change their perspective. Roxanne indicated that she hasn’t yet done press releases for this or other events and asked that she and Chanelle could work on this together.
- Other New Business - Roxanne went to the Omak Chamber of Commerce meeting this month. Conconully Chamber representative was also there. She shared information about our events and learned about what is happening in those communities. Roxanne brought information back about the Omak Performing Arts Center season which starts in October. She also shared a county wide events calendar that Maria Lassila (Omak Mirage Theatres) created. Roxanne will post to our website.