All Our Children Elite Childcare Academy
Parent Questions and Answers
What is taking so long to reopen?
Bright from the Start has several requirements I must be able to maintain in order to open.
- Must use a touchless thermometer to take the temperature of parent and child. (I have ordered this now at least 4 weeks ago as well as others. Whether it is true or not, I am told the government is diverting deliveries to fill their stock and are not allowing them to ship to consumers. Centers are having the same problem as I am.) If you see a touch-free thermometer while out, please call me and hopefully I can cash-app you funds to purchase for us.
- Must be able to sanitize (2 minutes of bleach water) all high-touch areas every 30 minutes. (not sure how I can do this without assistance.)
- Ability to secure enough gloves, masks, bleach, extra paper towels, and tissue besides the needed food program components. Masks (even though parents may bring the child in with a mask, request a supply be left at school in case they do a nasty sneeze or cough. I will need a supply on hand so they can change a dirty mask.
- Several change of shirts/Smocks either washable or disposable for the provider in case a child sneezes on them or rubs body fluids on the shirt.
Is there a change in drop off and pick up procedures? Yes.
- According to Bright From the Start’s Guidance, visitors and parents are required at this time to remain outside the center.
- You can sign in on your own mobile device within Bright Wheel and if you forget, I will sign in for you.
- Remain in your car until the present family is inside their car. Please don't block them in the drive as they won't be able to leave. Once they pull out, then you can pull down the drive.
- We will Incorporate regular health checks through-out the day. At drop-off, nap-time and pickup. Children, Staff will be excluded from attendance for 7 days or at a minimum 3 days if they show a temp of 100.4 or any respiratory symptoms. I understand that some have allergies. In the past, I have allowed children to attend but did notice other children coming down with that allergy that's not contagious. Get your children the medicine they need and give it to them and build their immune system. If you(parent) are coughing at drop off or your child has a runny nose, cough or sneeze, they will not be allowed to stay. And if any symptoms show up while in care you will receive a call asking you to pick up your child. You will have to be excluded with pay for a minimum of 3 days. Help me help you. The one time I don't enforce this, could be the time that affects all the childcare families. I speak for everyone when I say we can't afford to get Covid-19 from anyone for any reason. A doctor's note will not override what I see.
- ACTUAL CASE: Family went to visit another family member's house. One of the family members they visited were diagnosed with Covid-19 and all participants in the family childcare were required to quarantine for 14 days and the daycare was closed for 14 days.
- Due to the need of close supervision, all children need to arrive by breakfast at 8:30. No late arrivals will be accepted due to the need of a second person to watch the children while another does the check-in/check out procedure with the child and parent. Arrangements can be made for doctor's appointment if notified in advance.
How has Covid-19 affected my requirements?
- Immunizations(immunization requirements have been relaxed at present) but if you do get any please turn in to update your file.
- Please update addresses/phone numbers______________________________________________________________
- Please wear a mask along with your child (age 3 and up) at drop off and pick up.
- Please provide several masks in case their mask becomes soiled that will be placed in their cubby.
- Please bring several changes of clothes as those left behind may be too little.
- Please restock your diapers and wipes and add one roll of tissue(monthly)
Am I responsible for paying for all this time the center was closed?
- No. But I will be collecting the yearly annual enrollment fee of $100 per child along with the weekly fee when you return. (This is a fee I should have been charging anyway, but it is needed more than ever with the extra fees of cleaning and increased cost of necessary food and supplies.
- As always, any donations are happily accepted.
Are there any changes in the Center?
- I have removed all stuffed animals, puppets, play-dough, molding clay, toys or manipulatives that can't be washed and sanitized several times a day without disintegrating.
- Larger tables have been added so children can eat or do work without a student being in front of another to lower the chance of being unintentionally coughed on.
- I must move to an air-hug zone. Please practice air-hugging and blowing kisses with your children so they know how to do this to their friends, we know they love each other, but we must find other ways to show this.
- They will be assigned their own bags with art material so as not to cross contaminate even though it will be sanitized at the end of the day.
- Potty chairs will be spread out further apart than the current set up.
- I removed some items currently not in use to spread out centers to give children more space.
- To accommodate the extra cleaning, the schedule will be slightly re-arranged. (not quite together yet)
- Linen will be washed daily instead of weekly
- Center carpet will be cleaned weekly instead of monthly
- Outdoor classroom toys have to be sanitized daily
- All Soft Pillows will be removed at this time as well as most dress-up clothes.
- If opening day is set, (all supplies obtained) when would you plan to return?
- Do you feel that this is serious or that the government is overreacting?______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- What can your family do to aid in stopping the spread of Covid 19 among our daycare families?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Do you feel any of this is a hardship? Please list so I can report to the state so all voices can be heard?________________________________________________________________