Virtual Basketball Association (“VBA”) Game Rules
Last Updated: June 23, 2022
Contest Overview: VBA Contests (each, a “Contest”) will be held weekly. Unless otherwise stated, Contests will be structured as a round robin and consist of twelve (12) games (each, a “Game”). For the details of any Contest, including the exact dates, visit (“Contest Announcement”). All Contest Announcements are incorporated herein by reference.
You must be of legal age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence to participate in a Contest. If, at any time, additional eligibility restrictions are imposed, those will be set forth here and/or a specific Contest announcement or on the homepage.
- Each team entered into a Contest by a General Manager (“GM”) must consist of a minimum of 5 players (“Team”).
- A Team’s roster must be finalized no later than one (1) hour before a Game begins.
- Once a roster has been finalized, no changes to a Team are permitted, except in certain circumstances.
- While there are positional spots and preferred player positions, GMs can put any player in any position.
- While attributes and play styles are currently hidden, GMs can assess the stats of their players to make educated decisions about who to play and who to move.
- Any players that are traded or purchased within one (1) hour of the start of a Game will not be eligible to play on a GM’s Team as part of that Game; however, such players will be eligible to play in that Game as part of the GM’s Team from which they were traded or purchased.
- If, at any time during a Game, a Team has fewer than five (5) players in its active lineup, the GM must add players to the active line-up to the Team roster to a minimum of five (5) players. If a GM fails to do so, the Team will forfeit each subsequent Game until the GM does so. Additionally, if a GM forfeits a Game in a Contest, they will not be eligible to win rewards in that Contest.
- A General Manager (“GM”) must register their Team by the deadline stated in the Contest Announcement.
- A GM can only enter one (1) Team into any Contest.
- Each Game will consist of a live 5v5 match-up.
- A play-by-play and box score view will be made available during each Game.
- Games will be simulated based on Fast Break Labs’s proprietary game engine and the attributes and skill sets of the players selected by the GMs for their Teams.
- Teams will play each other to determine the winner of the Contest.
- In the event of a tie at the end of regulation play, the Teams will play in overtime periods until a winner is decided.
- If prize(s) are offered as part of any Contest, the prize(s) and approximate retail value (“ARV”) will be included as part of the Contest Announcement.
- If the prize being offered is cryptocurrency, the winner must have a compatible wallet with the cryptocurrency. Winner also understands that they are responsible for any transaction fees associated with acceptance of the prize.
- All federal, state and local taxes, if any, associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided responsibility. Any winner who is a U.S. resident who wins prizes valued at USD$600 or higher in a single calendar year will be required to complete and return a W-9 form and Fast Break Labs will issue a 1099 to the winner for that calendar year for the total value of the prizes won in that year.
- No transfer, cash equivalent or substitution of prize, except by Fast Break Labs, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
- A prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied.
- All prize details are at Fast Break Labs’s sole discretion.
- By participating, except where legally prohibited, each GM grants permission for Fast Break Labs and its designees to use his/her GM name, Team name, and line-up for purposes of administering the Contests (including, but not limited to, posting Contest results), in any manner, without further compensation, in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
- By entering, to the extent permitted by law, you release and hold harmless Fast Break Labs, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, service agencies, independent contractors, advertising and promotion agencies, web hosting and service and fulfillment providers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability that may arise, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with their participation in this Contests or the acceptance or use of prize awarded.
- To the extent permitted by law, Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of registration, the functionally of Game play, the announcement of the prize(s) or in any Contest-related materials.
- To the extent permitted by law, Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest.
- Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or who are in violation of these Contest Rules will be disqualified.
- Fast Break Labs reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest should any portion of the Contest be compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Fast Break Labs, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, of the Contest.
- If any material changes are made to these Contest Rules, notice will be posted on the website. Your participation in any Contest occurring after the “Last Updated” date above indicates your agreement to the changes made to these Contest Rules. If you do not agree with these changes, you should not participate in any further Contests taking place after such date.