Medal of Honor Challenges
On Monday, November 19:, For One Day we can donate Food for hungry, so that maybe one day there will be no more need. Donated canned goods or something sealed will go to Mary and Martha’s. Items can be brought to Mr. Merrick or Mrs. Bonnstetter.
On Monday, November 26, our third contest will be giving up any caffeine (pop, snacks) that you would usually buy in one day. Instead, we can give that money to someone who truly needs it. So “For One Day” the money you spend on these treats will go to necessities for those less fortunate Please turn in your money to Mrs. Bonnstetter or Mr. Merrick.
On Wednesday, November 28 our hope is that For One Day we can Clothe the poor. So on Wednesday you will walk up onto the stage and literally take the shirt off your back and and hand it to Mr. Merrick or Mrs. Bonnstetter and we will give you a For One Day T-shirt instead. This will be done during our Medal of Honor Closing.
Finally, on Thursday, November 29
For one day we are asking you to participate in a blackout day. For one day we won’t use electricity, so that all the money we save, can get donated. That night at the first girls basketball game, if you show up, see Elijah Merrick to receive a For One Day bracelet. The purpose of WWG Blackout Day is to reduce the amount of electricity used in a single day as well as to challenge students and staff behavior by encouraging everyone to conserve when possible
01. Lunch today: Chicken Drumsticks
Breakfast tomorrow: Breakfast pizza
Lunch tomorrow: Beefy nachos
02. College/Military Reps:
Wed. Nov., 28, SDSU, 8:30 am
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 11/20 - Dynamic Reading, P3a
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Seniors who are going on class trip are selling Butterbraids until Nov. 26. See one of them if you’d like to support their efforts.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
07. New books in the library.
Frostborn (Thrones & Bones series) by Lou Anders
Karn, who would rather be playing the board game Thrones and Bones, and Thianna, half-frost giant, half-human, team up when they are chased by wyverns, a dead Viking sea captain, and an ancient dragon.
08. JH KB will meet during lunch in Ms. Schoephoerster's room on Fridays and every other Wednesday (alternating with FCA meetings).
09. WWG OAP PRACTICE begins Monday, Nov. 19th on stage from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Second practice Tuesday from 6 to 7:30 p.m. The fun begins.
10. Lifeguards: Mr. Woelber wants you to work in Fulda during the winters so the pool can be open longer. Even teaching some swimming lessons would be great! See Mr. Woelber
11.November 6-21, WWG FCA is gathering hygiene items for Mary and Martha's Pantry. Items can be placed in the boxes in the school foyer by the lunchroom. Possible items are toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, hand lotion/sanitizer, deodorant, body wash, shaving cream, mouthwash, bandaids, other personal care items.
12. ExCel award Program….this program recognizes high school juniors who are leaders in their schools and who demonstrate a strong commitment to community volunteerism.
Each school can nominate one boy and one girl for this award. The local deadline is Dec. 1. Applications can be found at mshsl.org under recognition. Submit applications to Mr. Woitalewicz or Mr. Theisen.
Triple A award Program…..this program recognizes high school seniors who excel in the arts, athletics and in the classroom. The local deadline is Nov. 28. Applications can be found at mshsl.org under recognition.
Submit applications to Mr. Woitalewicz or Mr. Theisen.
13. Hmong New Year celebration will be held at 1:45 in the gym on Mon., 11/19. All students and faculty will attend.
These students will be home cooking on Monday for the celebration - Kalub Y., Melinda L., Houa Y., Kaci L., Samantha Y., Pachee V., Anita L., Payeng V., TJ X., Anna L
14. Wrestling and Boys’ basketball practice begins on Mon., 11/19.
15. Yearbook--Meeting on Tuesday, November 20th at 3:15 in Bonnstetter's Room.
16. MOVIE NIGHT - W.A.V. will be sponsoring the movie “ELF” at the WWG HS auditorium on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 7:00 PM. Admission is free. There will be popcorn and water for sale at the event. This is open to all ages.
17. Jr. High Knowlege Bowl will have a meet on Monday in Marshall. Meet in Ms. Schoephoerster's room at 3:30 for practice. We will leave Westbrook at 4:30 and be back to Westbrook before 9. Bring money for food.
18. LAST GLADIATOR -- Reminder to Actors who owe books or fees:
Grade 7 Ella (book 16 /fee), Abby( book 19, fee)
Grade 8 Luke (book 8 /fee), Shelby (fee), Jessica (book 24), Dan ( fee), Zach ( book 26, fee), Mia (fee), Sera (book 29), Brady (fee)
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. WWG Holiday Party will be Saturday, February 2, 2018. Stay tuned for more details.
Mon., 11/19 - ECFE at WB, 5:30
EMT training in rm 105, 6:00-10:00 pm.
School Board at WB, 7:00.
Wed., 11/21 - EMT training in rm 105, 6:00-10:00 pm.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thurs., 11/22 - Thanksgiving. NO SCHOOL!
Fri., 11/23 - NO SCHOOL!