Roleplay Evolved : AtlasRP Rules
These rules are subject to change, please keep yourself up to date on any changes!
This section will cover the rules for our community both in-game and out. Please make sure to familiarise yourself with the rules and read them carefully before applying for the whitelist. If you are unsure about any part please feel free to contact a staff member - we are here to help!
The whitelist will question your knowledge of these rules. Failure to adhere to them once accepting will result in warning points, bans, and eventually permanent removal.
Before you read!
Regardless of what these rules read, the staff team are in place to make certain that actions in-game never A. Break the rules and B. Harm the server or population of the server.
This means, even if something is not clarified in this set of rules, that does NOT mean you’re allowed to abuse that specific loop. As a player in this server, you are expected 100% of the time to be respectful to your fellow players, if something is not clarified in this rule set but is still harmful to a player, or players in a way that is not entirely roleplay centric (example: bullying of some form, or doing something just for the sake of doing it rather than the sake of roleplay) you CAN and WILL still receive a strike and/or suspensions from playing.
There is no space in which it is appropriate to be detrimental to this community, please do not assume just because something is not listed here that inappropriate and or hurtful actions will not be harshly punished.
Overview of the punishment system
When an action that violates the rules is committed and the staff team find this person(s) responsible for the actions that lead to this rule being broken then these person(s) will receive a strike. Major or Minor.
A Major Strike: A major strike is a permanent strike on your record, that never goes away. It is always followed up by some sort of temporary in-game ban as well. A Major strike is given for major offenses.
A Minor Strike: Is a strike that will affects your total count for 3 months at which time it’s effect wears off. However a Minor strike is NEVER removed from your record, and repeated rule breaks of the same kind can and will result in harsher punishments than normal.
Be Mature and Respectful
- Act maturely when talking to others. No flaming, raging, hate, abusive language racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, or any other insult/harassment that is meant to bring another person down.
- IC (In Character) means to be in character, you are not to take IC interactions OOC (Out of Character).
Be Respectful Of Staff
- Remember communication is key, we do not always know what is wrong unless you tell us.
- Do not impersonate staff.
- Do not spread rumours or misinformation.
- Respect staff decisions.
- You are expected to be honest when addressing a staff member
- Staff members assigned to handle a report have final say on all rule break determinations.
- Do not advertise, solicit or recruit for any communities that fall outside of the Roleplay Evolved network on any medium (TS, discord, forums, etc.)
- Every company is required to fly some sort of flag to denote their territory. Failure to have a flag image can result in you losing your claim VIA admin interaction NOT player interaction (The lack of a company logo does not mean a free for all, rules still apply).
- Your company flag should represent your company ICly, with that said, you will not be expected to have a finished version of your flag by the administrative team until you at very least have your base set up.
Claims and Boat Rules
This section clarifies some general boat and claim rules. Any specific regulations that affect either can still be found in their appropriate sections.
- Claim flags with structures/buildings on them may not be taken without an active war in progress.
- Claim flags that do not contain buildings may be taken at any time, provided the reason for taking the territory is backed up by RP reasoning.
- The global claim flag warning (The warning that is shown on screen when someone is attempting to steal your claim) will be taken IC when you are attempting to claim someone else’s territory. It will be RPed as an alarm that is signaled. By attempting to steal someone’s claimed territory they will gain KOS on you (see General PvP rules for more information)
- Attempting to claim land specifically when the other party(s) are offline is against the rules.
- Buildings within the claimed area must be used ICly, building small buildings for the sake of “protecting” your land claims voids its protection and those claims can still be taken.
- You may not claim boats unless it is during a war or unless they have sold you the boat, or if an agreement has been made via the “Roleplay First” rule.
General PvP Rules
This section of the rules will cover all rules relating to player vs player combat and roleplay. It does not cover specific instances like wars, base attack or such - they can be found in their own sections. Please remember that when participating in PVP on our server the focus should always be on roleplay.
Initiating PVP Actions
- Regardless of whether you are on Land or at Sea you must always initiate through means of Roleplay, and with roleplay in mind. You must also have an actual reason for your initiation.
While on land
- You must state a clear demand that is reasonable for them to meet and would not be overly detrimental to their gameplay experience.
- Your demand must be done in person face to face, demands via global, signs or any other medium are not permitted.
- If a player or a group of players chooses to not comply with your demand, or you are initiated on, you gain attack rights for 2 hours.
- If a player or group are not present for the original initiation you must re-initiate to take part in the PvP.
While at sea
- There are (3) Three ways to initiate Sea combat, you may use any of the three or preferably a combination of the three (remember fighting is to provide roleplay, it does not hurt to over initiate)
- Fire a warning shot
- Through voice / yelling
- Fire a red flare
- You must initiate before mounting your attack. Abusing initiation is against the rules.
- If a ship fires a white flare, uses voice chat or surrenders via any other means, combat must cease. They have given into your demands, and you may continue RP.
- The amount taken should be reasonable both OOCly and ICly, please remember to respect your fellow community members
Active PVP Situations
- During any PvP situation, roleplay must be provided by both sides, that drives roleplay beyond that specific situation.
- If a player is forcefully subdued (knocked out, disarmed etc) or voluntarily surrenders you are not allowed to attack them. However, you may take them hostage.
- Logging out (Combat logging) during roleplay or PvP is not allowed. Please note disconnections do not count as combat logging.
- Sleeping(offline) players cannot be stolen from, or purposefully killed.
Hostages & Kidnapping
- Players who are prisoner/hostage must be interacted with the entire time and must not be neglected.
- Whilst you have a player hostage/prisoner allies of that player have rights to attack you or your Company. Once the player is set free and no longer under your care these attack rights end.
- Each player or company may attack each company/solo player once every 72 hours (any pvp - Sea combat included). If the victim complies, the time increases to 120 hours.
- If any player or company decides to retaliate during their cooldown this timer is void.
This section of the rules covers the various rules surrounding good and bad roleplay on the server. Roleplay rules are arguably the most important rules of them all so read carefully!
If the consent of ALL parties involved is explicitly obtained you may circumnavigate the rules in the General PvP Rules, Claims & Boats Rules, Base Attacks & War Rules in order for roleplay to make sense.
Good RP & Bad RP
- Stay in character at all times.
- Value your character’s life.
- Metagaming is strictly forbidden, Metagaming is the act of using information in roleplay and ingame that your character would not have access to.</dd>
- Powergaming is strictly forbidden, and comes in two main forms: The first is via forcing an action or state on another player. The second is by acting out impossible actions for your character
- This does not include OOC emergencies.
- This does not include OOC emergencies.
New Life Rule
- If your character dies in-game during a PVP or RP situation you may either start a new character (see permadeath rules) or respawn. When you respawn you roleplay that you have been injured and not killed. This results in the following rules taking effect:
- You are not allowed to instigate or be the aggressor in any PVP situation for 3 hours from your respawn.
- After respawning you may return to the location of your death, but only after any active fighting is over. You may not touch any bodies or players and are only there to roleplay your injury.
- You must keep track of your characters injuries, that would lead to permanent death.
- After your character is perma’d OTHER than through legacy, you may not share items, ships, buildings, information or anything else, that was owned or obtained by this character.
Due to the age limit of 16+ on the server, there are some restrictions on what can and can't be RP'd. These are hard limits and there is no room for negotiation. These rules are in place for legal reasons, breaking them can mean increased punishments to those involved.
- Erotic roleplay is not allowed. This includes explicit references to sex or sexual acts, descriptions of sexual acts, sexual nudity, and other sexual-oriented forms of roleplay.
- Torture is allowed with the express OOC permission of all parties involved, however, detailed descriptions of these acts are not allowed.
- A good rule to use when asking yourself if something is explicit is: “If someone underage overheard your RP, would it be inappropriate?”. You may also like to follow the ESRB ratings. Anything up to and including teen is fine for our server, anything MA or above is not.
These rules take effect anytime you declare/participate in a war.
These rules exist to provide a fair and fun playing field for all players and ensure that any wars are done to the satisfaction of both sides and don't ruin any enjoyment.
Declaring a War
- To declare a war you must initiate with a demand.
- For the war to start the demand must be refused.
- War terms are to be discussed in character.
- ALL wars need to have an agreed upon start and end time.
- During war term negotiations PvP is not allowed until the negotiations have ceased.
- When a war is ongoing all participating parties gain attack on sight rights for the duration of the war. (Applies to ships as well)
- Allies may join a war at any time, however, a new negotiation session must be held in character.
- Sieges: During a war, any party may initiate a siege. A siege is a base attack that happens at an agreed upon time. During a siege, either party can attack the buildings, and or structures of the other, without excessive damage rules applying. A Siege can only be 2 hours long at maximum and cannot be extended from the agreed upon start time.
Ending a War
- The war ends instantly if the attacking party fulfils their demands
- At any time during the war, the defending party may surrender. This means accepting the original war demands. At this time the war ends instantly. A private message must be sent to the opposing party leader detailing your surrender.
- The war reaches the end of the agreed upon time.
This section of the rules will cover any rules that are specifically revolving around base attacks. Please be mindful of these rules before you perform any sort of attack on a base or structure. Bases are any 2x2 building with walls, roof and a window, ships or cliff platforms
- Offline raiding is not allowed.
How To Attack A Base
- In order to attack a base, you must initiate upon it with a demand. Once you received a response, you may act according to the PvP rules.
- You may only make a maximum of 3 consecutive demands. After these have been fulfilled you must leave the base you are attacking.
- If multiple groups are attacking a base they must initiate and act as one large group, not multiple smaller ones.
Rules During Active Base Attacks
- You should only do as much damage as needed to enter and exit the building & any rooms inside.
- Any reinforcements for either side MUST initiate with a demand to take any part in any base attack.
- Assisting in a base attack in any form gives attack rights on you.
Open Containers and Bases
Containers left in the open both inside and outside of bases may be stolen from without following the base attack rules if left unlocked. However, if the owner catches you in the act of stealing from a container they gain 2 hours of attack rights on you.