It’s great to stay organized and up-to-date. Take a few minutes to tune-up your iPad to make the most of your learning. Keeping your iPad tuned can help to avoid problems.
Update iOS – Update Apps via Self Service – Clean out & Organize – take care of it!
- Update your D95 iPad’s iOS
You do get notifications to update the iOS on your district device. However, if you missed them or what to check for the latest update: Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Update your key learning apps
Remember on your D95 iPad, apps do NOT auto update. You have to do it!
- Close down all apps – double tap the home button and swipe everything off.
- If you haven’t recently restarted your device, do that now.
- Go into the Self Service app - and choose Reinstall for your key learning apps:
Canvas – Notability – _____________
Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Keynote, & any other apps you use regularly.
Avoid downloading all the apps in Self Service; the iPad has limited space, let’s not fill it up with unneeded items.
- Delete what is no longer needed
- Delete unneeded apps; photos & videos from Photos (videos take up a lot of room!); old iMovie projects & such.
- You have limited storage space on your iPad but that is not true for Google Drive, if there is something you’d like to hang on to, move it to Drive.
- Speaking of Drive, it might be time to tidy it up and organize content into folders.
- Organize Notability
- Have a separate Subject for each class. Place notes into those Subjects. (Can color code too!)
- Use Dividers to group subjects – you could create a Divider for past courses. If there are notes you don’t need anymore, those can be deleted.
- Again, your iPad has limited storage and removing unneeded items is a good idea. Copying an item to Drive is a good way to back it up.
- Confirm Auto-Backup is on (click the gear) – you should have backups to Google Drive checked within Notability. This means that your notes are backed up to Drive, where you have lots of room. This is great so that you can find any possible lost notes!
- A few tips to help you be successful:
- Update your key learning apps frequently (every couple weeks) via Self Service – apps like Canvas and Docs are updated regularly.
- Close background apps on the iPad from time to time.
- Restart your iPad on occasion – this frees up resources.
- Keep things organized and cleaned out.
Organizing and cleaning today makes tomorrow better.
- Charge your iPad daily - put it to bed at night & plug it in to charge.
- Use your D95 iPad for school learning and another device for play.
- Take care of your iPad – it is an important tool for your learning. Keep it protected in its district issued case.
- Take care of yourself – you are important!
- Visit the Tech Tips sheet if you are looking for troubleshooting ideas.
- Remember to include regular screen breaks into your daily routine.
- Issues? Reach out for support.