Position Title: Programs Coordinator
Position Status: Non-exempt
Position Reports to: WISE Program Director and Director for Reproductive Health Access
WV FREE is the state’s leading reproductive health, rights, and justice organization. Located in downtown Charleston, WV FREE has been advocating for comprehensive reproductive health access and education for all West Virginians since 1989. We are seeking an Programs Coordinator to join our vibrant and dedicated team.
WV FREE is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, and enables each to realize their potential. WV FREE’s work environment is fast-paced, safe and open to all employees, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, family responsibilities , veteran status, and levels of physical ability.
WV FREE is deeply committed to diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, first-generation Americans, new parents, single parents, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
Position Description: Coordinate WV FREE’s programmatic work to increase reproductive health and education access by offering trainings and technical assistance in the topics related to sex education, family planning, birth control, and comprehensive pregnancy options. Travel and hours outside the typical work-day will be required at times.
- Provide trainings on birth control options, pregnancy options, and sex ed to hospitals, health departments, social workers, schools, and any other appropriate sites
- Demonstrate discretion when facilitating training and professional development with adults both in terms of presenting and responding to controversial content and maintaining a professional demeanor as a public representative of WVFREE
- Be comfortable with issues related to reproductive health (abortion, adoption, adolescent sexuality) and the ability to work with and respect diverse groups of people who may hold many different points of view is essential
- Place high priority on working in partnership with the training staff
- Develop and adapt new training designs that incorporate best practices in adult learning theory, professional development, and sex education
- Develop relationships with sites that fit program requirements to discuss and schedule trainings
- Develop partnerships with other organizations in the community
- Monitor the implementation and evaluation of sex ed and sexual violence prevention in school districts
- Follow up with already trained sites and offer technical assistance (follow up trainings, brochures on reproductive health, site assessments to check on progress with instruction)
- Complete post training duties in a timely fashion, compile and analyze program data
- Create and maintain records of contacts in target systems, tracking all communications in our online database.
- Research and identify new training sites and community partnerships
- Attend WV FREE staff meetings and other staff events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience You’ll Need To Bring:
- You’re meticulous with high attention to detail and accuracy and are constantly evaluating how something can be done smarter and better.
- You know how to prioritize and meet deadlines. You have a proven track record of completing work on time and prioritizing your workload effectively.
- You can handle and prioritize multiple responsibilities; a self-starter and finisher.
- You have excellent public speaking skills, are comfortable with large groups of people and have experience with program implementation.
- You have two years experience as a trainer comfortable with managing difficult participants in a professional manner while discussing reproductive health topics.
- You’ve worked collaboratively with a team that is learning-while-doing, and are excited to work responsively with program, development, and other staff.
- You can offer corrections with kindness and good humor. You embrace a fast-paced environment that frequently pivots.
- You have a deep commitment to equity and inclusion. You understand why access to reproductive healthcare and sex ed is crucial. You are committed to racial, economic and gender justice. You are pro-choice and can talk to others about why access is important. You have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and anti-oppression.
- You’re kind to others and to yourself.
- You have a deep commitment to an understanding of the reproductive justice framework and understand the intersectionality of multiple movements (racial justice, environmental, social, physical ability, etc.)
Location: This position is based in Charleston, WV with the possibility to work remotely in the state of West Virginia.
We are committed to creating a safe and supportive work environment. Benefits you will receive at WV FREE include:
Terms: Annual starting salary range for this full-time, non-exempt position is $31,000 - $33,000.
- 10 paid health days per year (other organizations might call these sick days), 3 vacation days on your start date with the accrual of 15 days vacation your first year. After three years of employment you get 20 days of vacation per year
- 12 paid holidays, with an additional week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match of the employee salary after 6 months
- A possible paid, three-month sabbatical after five years of continuous employment with WV FREE
- Up to 10 weeks paid and 2 weeks unpaid of paid family and medical leave
- Supportive atmosphere for pregnant and parenting employees
Please be sure to describe your personal connection or commitment to WV FREE’s mission in your cover letter. Also, mention where you found this posting.
To apply: Please send cover letter detailing your commitment to WV FREE’s mission and resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Application: Programs Coordinator.” Applications received by February 11, 2019 will be given preference but applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
*No phone calls or email inquiries, please. Only those selected for further discussion will be contacted.*
For more information please see www.wvfree.org