For the crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 Tbsp butter, melted
5 Tbsp sugar
For the filling:
1 cup sugar
4 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp Clabber Girl Cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups water
4 large egg yolks,
4 Tbsp key lime juice
2 tsp butter
1 tsp grated lime zest
whipped cream, additional lime zest, and thinly sliced key limes, optional for garnish
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a small bowl. Mix until blended well.
2. Press crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F, then cool on a wire rack.
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, Clabber Girl Cornstarch, and salt together. Gradually stir in the water.
2. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture thickens.
3. Remove from heat and add egg yolks and stir in immediately.
4. Return to heat and stir constantly while bringing mixture to a gentle boil and cook for 2 minutes longer.
5. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice, butter, and lime zest.
6. Pour into cooled crust.
7. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees
8. Remove from oven and let cool
9. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for a cool dessert or freeze overnight for a semi-frozen dessert
10. Top with whipped cream, lime zest, and lime slices when serving. Refrigerate leftovers