Foster City AYSO MY2019 Coaching Information
- My2019 Rules Matrix
- Lopsided Score Rule.pdf
- AYSO Game Cards.pdf (Use this pdf to create your lineups)
Tip… Fill out the first form with player info. Then, print out multiple copies for the rest of the year, and leave them in your coaching bag. Then, on Game Day, just fill in the date, field, and opposing team info.
Volunteer Coach Registration Process
- Register online using Blue Sombrero at www.fcayso.org through your child’s account
- Follow the online instructions and complete form with E-signature
- Respond to email for background check and provide requested information
- After passing a background check, complete short online Safe Haven and Concussion Courses
- Attend age-specific coach training (one weeknight and ½ day on weekends)
COACHES NEEDED NOW!
Without parent volunteer support in coaching, the kids will not be able to play. Training and equipment are free;
mentoring and support available.
PLEASE VOLUNTEER NOW!
What to Expect
- AYSO is guided by Six Philosophies: Everyone Plays, Balanced Teams, Open Registration, Positive Coaching, Good Sportsmanship, and Player Development
- All coaches, referees, and administrators are trained volunteers -- You must attend training and be certified to work with the age group you plan to coach
- Coaching will require a few hours of your time each week, including practices and games
Who Can Coach?
- All teams require an Adult, properly trained head coach.
- Free training is provided for all levels of coaching and refereeing.
- No soccer experience is necessary in any age group.
- Youth coaches are welcome as assistants to the head coach. Youth coaches must also be trained.
MY2019 Fall Season Dates
- The regular fall season runs from Sept. 7, 2019 to Nov. 16, 2019
- Hirschel Cup Tournament - 10U teams and older participate in this local tournament and some teams may play until 11/24/2019
- Winners in each age/gender division advance to Area tournament 12/7-8/2019
- Winners of the Area tournament play in the Section Tournament on 12/14-15/2019
- Coaches not required for 4U and 5U; parent help on Saturdays appreciated
- 6U teams have coaches. They have an optional clinic once a week
- 7U-10U teams have 1 practice per week
- 12U and older have 2 practices per week
- All practices are held at Sea Cloud Park
- Flexible practice scheduling available
- All 4U-10U games are held at Sea Cloud Park.
- 12U and older home games are at Sea Cloud Park; away games require local travel (i.e. Belmont, Redwood City, San Carlos, Burlingame, Half Moon Bay, Hillsborough)
- All coaches will be provided free equipment for each team (balls, cones, keeper shirt, keeper gloves).