The TEXAAN Scholarship Award is for an individual who is pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or doctorate degree whose primary role at the institution is direct delivery of academic advising services to students.
The selected recipient will be honored during the Presentation of Awards Ceremony during the TEXAAN Annual Conference. He or She will receive a recognition plaque, a check for $1000, and a one-year TEXAAN membership. The membership will begin January 1, 2018. For more information about the benefits of TEXAAN membership, click here.
- Any individual serving as an academic advisor.
- Must be employed by a regionally accredited post-secondary institution in Texas.
- Must have a minimum one year of experience as an academic advisor as of January 1, 2018.
- Must be currently enrolled (as of January 1, 2018) in a degree seeking program at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or doctorate degree.
- Current members of the TEXAAN Executive Board are not eligible for consideration for TEXAAN Awards. After the member’s term of office is over, he or she may then be eligible for nomination.
- Previous recipients of the TEXAAN Scholarship Award are not eligible.
- TEXAAN membership is not required to be nominated.
The Selection Committee will evaluate nominations on the evidence of qualities and practices that distinguish the nominee as an outstanding academic advisor pursuing a degree. Such evidence may include:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Availability to advisees, faculty, and/or staff
- Frequency of contact with advisees
- Appropriate referral activity
- Use of dissemination of appropriate information sources
- Evidence of supporting an academic advising program that supports NACADA's Core Values
- Ability to engage in, promote, and support developmental advising
- Participation in and support of advisor development programs
- Evidence of working in an academic advising program that reflects the standards of good practice in the CAS Standards and Guidelines for Academic Advising
- Evidence of student success rate, by advisor or department
- Caring, helpful attitude toward advisees, faculty, and staff
- Perception by colleagues of nominees
If you have any questions regarding the TEXAAN Awards e-mail email@example.com
Last Modified: December 1, 2017