Cheesy Chicken Gnocchi with Roasted Red Peppers
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package of gnocchi
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or cream of your choice)
- 1 10oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup of Sicilian pesto with sun dried tomatoes (or regular sun dried tomato pesto)
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 cups frozen grilled chicken strips
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Warm your cast iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add gnocchi. Saute until slightly browned (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in milk. Let simmer for about 3 minutes and then add tomatoes, pesto and Italian seasoning. Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Add chicken and let cook for another 3 minutes. Then, add 1 cup of cheese and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Add remaining shredded cheese to the top of dish. Place in oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!