1. The name of the club shall be BURNHAM-ON-SEA CAMERA CLUB.
2. The object of the club shall be photography in all its aspects.
3. Membership of the club shall be to all who satisfy the committee, and members must abide by all the rules of the club as laid down here or by the committee.
4. The club’s subscriptions shall be fixed at the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM). Prospective members are to be allowed to attend TWO meetings paying only the admission charge. When formal application is made to join the club the appropriate membership fee shall be paid. Only fully paid up members may enter club competitions
5. The management of the club shall be vested in the committee which shall consist of officers elected at the AGM. These officers to be: - Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership and Event Organiser and such officers that the club decides. All these posts will be for TWO years’ duration. Committee posts falling vacant maybe filled by calling for nominations and a vote by all members within SIX weeks of the post becoming vacant.
6. The committee shall do all things necessary to carry out the object of the club, but shall not without reference to the members at an EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING (EGM) OR AGM: - Expend any sum of money in excess of 25%of the total cash of the club, with the exception of known costs. Accept loans from an outside source. Mortgage, charge or dispose of the club’s assets except cash as already provided for above. The club funds shall be held in a bank nominated by the committee the name of which shall be furnished by the treasurer on request.
7. The committee shall have the right to expel a member. Such expelled members have a right to appeal to the committee. The minimum of two committee members shall convene to hear the appeal.
Any committee member(s) involved in the reason for the expulsion or who initiate the expulsion process cannot take part in the expulsion process or the appeal process
(in the unlikely event of all committee members being involved in the reason for the expulsion then club members will be temporarily co-opted onto the committee to deal with the expulsion and appeal processes).
The appeal decision will be final. A member expelled under this rule shall not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid. The appeal procedure will be treated in the strictest confidence to protect any complainant and also any expelled member.
8. These rules may only be altered at an AGM or an EGM called for that purpose. At least 14 days’ notice of such a meeting shall be given to the club. A quorum for these meetings shall not be less than 40% of the fully paid up membership. No rule shall be altered unless two thirds of the members’ present vote in favour of the resolution.
9. At the request of 5 or more fully paid up members or 4 committee members, made in writing, and with reasons to the secretary, an EGM shall be called within 21 days. The secretary shall give 14 days’ notice and set out reasons for the meeting.
10. Committee meetings shall be held at the discretion of the committee members, and these meetings should be held at least quarterly. A quorum for a meeting should be at least 50% of the committee. At the request of 4 committee members made in writing, and with reasons, to the secretary the chairman shall call a committee meeting at a time suitable to a quorum.
11. The date of an Annual General Meeting shall be fixed at the previous AGM, unless special permission is given at an EGM to change the date at the recommendation of the committee.
12. The club shall elect, at the AGM, either two members who are NOT members of the committee as auditors or one auditor who is not a member of the club.
13. The chairman shall have the casting vote at all meetings of the committee, or AGM or EGM.
14. The chairman has the right to attend any meeting of any sub-committee or selection committee, though s/he has no voting rights at these meetings.
15. All nominations for posts on the committee shall be in the hands of the secretary one week before the date of the AGM.
16. Any business normally conducted at an AGM may be conducted at an EGM.
17. The Burnham-On-Sea Camera Club accepts the use of digital manipulation in all competitions, provided that all the original components are the exclusive work of the author. The use of copyright free images is not allowed, nor will plagiarism be tolerated. The copyright of all prints entered must be at the disposal of the author.
18. In the event of Burnham-On-Sea Camera Club ceasing to exist, any items of equipment owned by the club are to be offered for sale by auction to club members, the proceeds of such a sale to be donated to the BAY CENTRE.
19. Burnham-On-Sea Camera Club will not discriminate against members, guests or suppliers of services or goods to the club, on the grounds of disability, age, gender, race or sexual orientation, and will not permit any member to do so at meetings, events or in any business or communication involving the club.
20. Any member, that by their actions or comments, brings the club into disrepute, will be suspended from the club pending a formal meeting of the committee to arbitrate the matter.
21. Any matter not covered by these rules shall be decided upon by the committee whose decision is final.