May 2, 2019
The following information was included in a phone call that went out to families at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, 5/6. This weekly wrap-up (email and phone call) is a key way to receive important information about relevant announcements and upcoming events. Another source of timely information is our webpage that is updated daily, especially the calendar and upcoming events. (www.thompsonschools.org/garfield)
Good Afternoon Garfield Family!
Do you know how sad I was this weekend that I missed the chance to play around with “May the fourth be with you” and Cinco de Mayo! I hope you had a fun weekend at home, and are holding on tight for what is going to be a fast paced but awesome end to this school year.
Weekly announcements, celebrations and next week’s scheduled events.
Field Day is Coming!
- Field day is scheduled for Tuesday 5/14. The fun starts @ 10:00 AM with the school hoola-hoop contest in the backcourt yard.
- Lunches will be scheduled for 30 minutes starting with KA@ 11:00, KB @ 11:15, 1A at 11:30 and so on
- The day will end with a color run (like last year) so please be aware that students will be dismissed from outside, and you may consider a towel in the car to protect your seats (from turning various beautiful colors that have been attached to your child)
- As of today, the forecast is sunny and 75. Please plan for your child and their sunscreen/ hat needs.
LOST AND FOUND T – four days: you have collected about half of what is there! WELL DONE! Whatever remains un-found by Friday will be collected and donated.
Welcome back Jen Sutton! Our kindergarten teacher Mrs. Sutton has returned from her extended absence. We have missed her!
National Teacher Appreciation Week:
- Please consider any method by which you can show some appreciation to your teacher(s) this week! A note, a kind word a trip to Tahiti, anything! These wonderful people pour so much of themselves into this school and your kids, I want them to be lifted up and celebrated this week.
4th and 5th grade showcase is here!
- Please have your 4th or 5th grader here at 5:45. Showtime is at 6:00. Seating is a premium, so come early!
Thank you to our PTA painters!
- Our blacktop looks amazing! Thank you so much to all of you who came out and spent a portion of your Saturday in service to our school. It really is beautiful work!
The Schedule for the coming week:
- Has come and gone- 2nd grade had an awesome field trip and our 4th and 5th graders put on their showcase for the rest of the school during an assembly at 1:00 this afternoon.
- PTA book swap will take place in the Gym
- 5th Grade will be taking a walking field trip to BRMS for their transition day
- 4th and 5th grade will have their showcase at 6:00
- Happy Birthday to Michelle Ellis
- Talent Show at 6:30
- The final SAC meeting this year will be on 5/13 @ 5:00
- Field day this year will be on 5/14
- Last day of School 5/24. Lunch will not be served. Students will be dismissed at 11:05.
Have a great week Grizzlies.
Sincerely, Your Principal-