Board Meeting March 2019
March, 19, 2019
President - Keith Apperson
Secretary - Jolene Danner
Treasurer - Erica Loppnow
Board Members -Laura Shaw, Courtnie Dritz, Jon Dehning, Neal Blooflat
- Minutes from last meeting were read by Jolene Danner
Motion was made to approve minutes form Dec 11th, 2018 meeting as read. Approval passed.
- Treasurer’s Report: Review current budget https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RYRjCAO5Ckysbds2Wb7IVWBHNqTmUKBbAJ8mPmdGEv0
4 Laptops were donated by FPX so we did not have to purchase them.
Idea to add water bottles with our logo on them to the budget. Estimated cost with minimal research about $1/bottle. We can get water to our GM’s by giving these out, be more environmentally friendly and it’s good advertising. Can we modify the budget this year?
Motion made to add $300 to the budget to purchase water bottles.
Erica has not yet looked into state tax exemption. But will soon to be able to help companies donate to us more easily so we can re-sell things that are donated.
April Snyder at Magnatron would like to purchase computers from us that are donated by a company that are interested in making donations but Magnatron is not a 501(c)3. Selling donated items is something that is done often by charitable organizations so we are looking into doing this as well.
Current Account Balance $4,240.81
- Neal and JD Stockset got together and put a lease agreement together. We get a check as a deposit for the equipment and return the check when we get the assets back in the same condition. The equipment exchange went well. Magnatron was very grateful to use our equipment. They told us multiple times at the After Con Meeting in March.
- Update bylaws to change officers election to yearly from every two years and updating wording to officers versus regular board members.
- Section 2 - Existing and Suggested Changes
- Section 2 — Terms: All board members shall serve two-year terms, but are eligible for re-election for up to five consecutive terms.
- Section 2 — Terms: All board members shall serve one-year terms, but are eligible for re-election for up to ten consecutive terms.
- Section 4 - Existing and Suggested Changes
- Section 4 — Board elections: During the last quarter of each fiscal year of the corporation, the board of directors shall elect Directors to replace those whose terms will expire at the end of the fiscal year. …
- Section 4 — Board elections: During the last quarter of each fiscal year of the corporation, the board of directors shall elect directors and officers to replace those whose terms will expire at the end of the fiscal year. …
- Section 5 - Existing and Suggested Changes
- Section 5 — Election procedures: New directors shall be elected by a majority of directors present at such a meeting, provided there is a quorum present. Directors so elected shall serve a term beginning on the first day of the next fiscal year.
- Section 5 — Election procedures: New directors and officers shall be elected by a majority of directors present at such a meeting, provided there is a quorum present. Members so elected shall serve a term beginning on the first day of the next fiscal year.
- Committee updated
- SkalCon - nothing to report, no meeting yet.
- PR - met in february - The were able to set committee guidelines, standards, and goals. Also goals for quarter and year were laid out. Ideas on how to be better at a public facing entity. Getting a document together about ways to give to 10k. The water bottle discussion under the treasurer’s report was discussed.
- Partnership committee - meeting ongoing online - goals to define partnership, different levels, and expectations. Have identified other organizations that have done this and can assist us with putting this together and provide guidance.
- Reg App - Has not met yet. Erica will get on that. Moving work item requests on to GitHub.
- CRM Committee - Keith is still working on this. He did create admin accounts for everyone. We are going to restart the process because of all the new additions to the SalesForce options that we have access to.
- Keith wants to buy a printer for the conventions. We think it will be a pain trying to police what we print and for who we print. If Keith brings his own printer to the con we do not have the ability to police his own property.
- If you have an email you do not want to show on emails that are not wanted to be visible to everyone let keith know. Otherwise your 10k email will be used as a default. Let us know if you do not check your 10k email regularly and we can BCC your primary account. Please do so ASAP. firstname.lastname@example.org
- SkalCon Purchases start Aug 1st whether we have the tax exempt status or not. If we get it sooner, we can purchase as normal. We would enjoy the benefits of this status.
- Tubman Starlight Soiree - Jon, Nicole, AJ, Jack, Deb, Keith are possibly going. More people are welcome. Tables are $150/each - $100 is tax deductible. Please let Jon Dehning know if you are planning to go he can let Joclyn from Tubman know about the group we’d be sending. It is on April 27th in downtown Mpls. For more information https://www.tubman.org/news-events/starlight-soiree.html
- Jon Dehning and Laura Shaw are going to PaizoCon. Email Jon about people to arm twist about to join us at SkalCon. Paizo staff, attendees, etc. Doesn’t have to just be for VIP tables. Could have other ideas as well.
Motion made to adjourn at 7:40. Motion passed.
- These minutes have been reviewed by Jolene - 20190321
- Erica Needs to add the bylaw information still
- SkalCon Meeting
- RegApp Meeting
- Review ByLaw changes before next meeting
- Look into water bottle pricing
- Look into MN tax exempt status
- Get CRM going and teach people to use it
NEXT MEETING’S AGENDA