ACHS Sideline Cheer
2019 – 2020
Tryouts: April 12th
Practice Clinic: April 10th and 11th
If you are interested in trying out for the ACHS Sideline Cheer program and you will be attending American Canyon High School, please send an email to the Cheer Coaches so you can be added to the mailing list for upcoming information. In your email include your full name, grade level for next year, and the current school you attend. The Side-line Cheer team performs at ACHS Athletic events and school rally events only. This team does not compete in competitions.
Cheer Coaches: Celine Brace & Amber McIntyre
*Any student wishing to tryout MUST have a medical exam BEFORE being allowed to tryout. An electronic copy of the medical forms can be found on the school website.
*A student must have a 2.0 G.P.A. on the most recent report card or progress report to be eligible to try-out for the team. A copy of your grades is required as proof of eligibility.
Cheer Tryouts are Coming!
If you are interested in trying out for our 2019-2020 Sideline Cheer Team, there are a few things you must have completed to do in order to attend the clinic and tryout:
1. Print out and sign the NVUSD Agreement for Participation Form and Parent Support Form.
2. Current physical. Print out the physical form and get a physical if your current one is expired.
3. Complete, print, and sign out the NVUSD Concussion Head Injury Information Sheet.
4. Complete and sign the Consent to Treat Form.
5. Complete, print, and sign the Social Media Contract Form.
6. Present a copy of your current progress report or report card on the first clinic day. A 2.0 GPA is required to be eligible for the team. No exceptions.
7. Complete both signature forms from the Tryout Packet. Read and review the packet carefully before attending Clinic.
ALL FORMS CAN BE FOUND HERE - anyone experiencing issues accessing this link please email Coach Brace!!!
2019-2020 Official Tryout Packet
The clinic and tryout will take place on the ACHS campus. Meet in the Multipurpose Room to register. Please show up 30 minutes early on the first day of the clinic to get registered. Bring all necessary forms. If you are missing paperwork, you will not be allowed to participate.
Clinic Dates: April 10th and 11th (4pm-6pm)
(Please arrive at 3:30 pm for registration on the 10th)
Tryout Date: April 12th (4pm-6pm)
First fitting: April 24th at 5pm in the Dance Room. If you have a conflict please email email@example.com ASAP!
Any new student who registers at American Canyon High School after the official tryout date will be allowed to try out for the Cheer Program as long as all of the following provisions are met:
The new student:
Cheer Coach: Celine Brace (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cheer Coach: Amber McInTyre (email@example.com)
*Note: If you are transferring to ACHS after tryouts, please read "Transfer Student Tryouts."