For most problems, try to restart your Chromebook!
Restart your Chromebook:
OPTION A: Hold the Power and Refresh keys at the same time.
OPTION B: hold the Power key for a long time until your Chromebook turns off and then turn it back on.
Chromebook is slow or acting up?
- Check that Chrome is updated.
- In Chrome, go to: chrome://help
- If updates are available, then follow directions to update & restart your Chromebook.
- Go to your History and Clear Browsing Data.
Web pages not working properly?
- Click on your profile picture in bottom-right corner & then select Sign out.
- Move your cursor to the top-right corner of the sign-in box and click on .
- Click on Remove this person.
- Repeat, as necessary, until you are prompted to enter your full email to log in & log in.
- Click on the time in the bottom-right corner & then click on the date.
NOTE: You may need to enter your password first.
- Select: Set Date and Time.
- Fix the date and time to be accurate and allow time for the wifi to refresh.
- If it doesn’t work, turn your computer off and on, and then double check the date and time.
- Still not connecting to wifi? Go to the library.
Keys won’t type correctly?
- For standard use, use the “US” keyboard.
- Click CTRL + Spacebar to change keyboard settings until US displays.
- Try typing to see if keys are now working as you expect.
Headphones don’t work?
- Click on your profile picture in bottom-right corner & then ▶ next to the volume icon .
- Under “Output,” make sure that Headphone is selected.
Can’t log into Infinite Campus?
- Go to the school home page (braves.guhsd.net).
- Hover over the STUDENTS tab.
- Click on Request Your Infinite Campus Password and submit form.
- Within 1 full school day, you will receive an email to reset your password. Check your school Gmail account every few hours until you get the email.
NOTE: Once you get into Infinite Campus, make sure you have an account security email set up under the menu option for Account Settings.
Need more help?
- For help with broken or lost/stolen Chromebook items, see library staff members.
- If you have Chromebook insurance, the library will help you submit the claim.
- To check if you have any fines, log into Destiny. For info, see: bit.ly/braveslibrary