.Kilauea School Parent Resources 2020- 2021
The Kilauea Teachers have come up with a list of various resources to help you and your family during these challenging times.
Younger Children and Movement Activities- from Mr. Kline
PlaytoLearn Virtual and Recorded Circle Time
Origo Math Resource
Imagine LearningArt/Music/Virtual Tours & Story time/Fun & Games
Free on-line library for preschoolers
Audible Read Aloud Books
GoNoodle Movement Songs and Games
Preschool Yoga Activities
Kilauea School Library
Free Resources for K- from Mr.Kissida and the K Teachers
- Measured Mom What to do with your kindergartner
- All Subjects Scholastic Daily Activities Learn At Home https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome/grades-prek-k.html
- Science/Art NOAA for Kids https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/kids/
- Reading Magazines https://rangerrick.org/
- Abc Mouse free parent code is AOFLUNICEF www.abcmouse.com/redeem
- Science/Engineering Kiwico https://www.kiwico.com/blog/2020/03/14/activities-for-5-8-year-olds-at-home/
- Math Stepping Stones At Home https://www.origoslate.com/html5/36586
- Math https://www.splashlearn.com/ All educators have free access to SplashLearn with Home Access to enable remote learning.
- Reading https://www.raz-kids.com/ App Free for the rest of the school year
- Science https://mysteryscience.com/ science experiment per week?
- SEL Kindness 101 Course 8am each morning https://www.cbsnews.com/news/steve-hartmans-kindness-101-online-class-on-the-road/
- Art w/Mo Willems https://www.kennedy-center.org/education/mo-willems/--
All Grade Levels:
Tips for Families
Anaina Hou Community
SEL- From Mrs Leong
Everything has Changed
The other SEL link is www.youthlight.com
Extra LInks and Educational Resources for Learning At Home - From Mrs. Krovoza
Cincinnati Zoo is doing Live videos daily at 9:00 HST. They stream on FaceBook Live. Each video is about 20 minutes. During the Live, kids can interact and ask questions. If you don’t watch it live, they are all saved and you can watch them anytime.
- Extension Activity: After watching the video, write a paragraph about the animal. It can be informational, opinion, or narrative. Creative Idea: Write from the Point of View of the animal, “Diary of Fiona the Hippo”.
Virtual field trips to many historical places, museums, and parks.
Virtual Field trips to various museums
In this site, famed writing author, guru, musician Barry Lane shares a daily lesson from his book Wacky We-Search Reports. He’s already up to Day 8, but you should be able to navigate and get access to each one posted so far. These are really fun, creative, high level thinking lessons that are different than the same old boring information essay.
FaceBook page Art with Jenny K: she does a free directed art lesson every day, even has young daughter leading some activities.
https://www.playpennies.com/free-things-to-do/joe-wicks-is-the-nations-pe-teacher-with-free-daily-kids-workouts-on-you-tube-186068 Free PE videos
Kids into legos? Here’s a cool lego challenge activity.
Renowned author/illustrator Mo Willems has been leading free drawing/doodle sessions.
From Mrs. Koo-
If you are tired of reading the books that you have, find a new book online.
Amazon Best Sellers: Best Children's eBooks (This is for free ebooks)
For online read alouds: