1) In order to sign the document electronically you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on your system. If you don't have this program, you can download it for free from one of the following two websites:
2) Go to our webpage at: http://www.open-genomes.org/about.html
3) Click on the link "Consent for Donation of Data"
4) After the document opens, check for the "download" symbol in the upper right-hand corner and download the document to your computer.
5) Save the document to your directory.
6) Find the document in your directory and open it from there (not from your task bar). Make sure it opens in Adobe Document Reader format.
7) Read the document
8) If you consent, click "File + Sign" in the column on the right-hand side
9) Go down to the space for your signature at the bottom of the last page
10) Position your cursor at the beginning of the signature line
11) Check immediately above the letterhead for a task bar that has "Fill & Sign" on the left-hand side. Go to the mid-section of the task bar. On the right-hand side of the mid-section, you will see an option to "Sign". Click on it.
12) Make sure your cursor is still positioned properly and type in your name
13) Your typed signature will be converted to a signature in script
14) Type the date and your printed name in the spaces provided
15) Save the document (symbol on the left side of the bar located above the fill + sign bar)
16) Choose a document name, such as "OG Consent Form for ABC". (Please replace 'ABC' with your own name or initials.)
17) Print the document out, if desired
18) Upload the document, attach it to the body of an email message and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you encounter any problems or have further questions, please email us at: email@example.com.