Always Comes Evening Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Policies
San Francisco, CA
Last updated: 03/07/2019
Always Comes Evening is a World of Darkness vampire themed game with adult personal horror themes. Some content may be considered triggering for some participants. Always Comes Evening encourages open and clear communication between players and staff to ensure our game to be a fun and comfortable experience for our participants.
General Game Rules
The staff of Always Comes Evening reserves the right to alter any of the game rules below at any time if we feel it is in the best interests of fairness, balance, narrative of the game, or any other reason.
Code of Conduct/Disciplinary Actions:
- Be respectful of your fellow players and Storytellers.
- Safety for our players and Staff is to be considered our top priority. If any player or member of ACE staff feels another participant to be creating an unsafe space for them, ACE staff will look into the issue and consider a chronicle ban either temporarily or indefinitely. This will be handled on a case by case basis, and valid reasoning will need to be provided to ACE staff.
- ACE staff respects player autonomy and comfort. Although this is an adult themed game of horror, there is no reason for any player to feel uncomfortable out of character. If you feel at any time uncomfortable with how a scene is progressing either due to content or how staff/players are handling the scene, please ask for a pause to discuss with appropriate staff prior to continuing the scene.
- Fade to black situations are always permitted/acceptable at any point during a scene.
- If at any point a player feels a member of staff to be abusing their position or behaving inappropriately, we ask that you bring this to the attention of the HST and/or CM. The HST and/or CM will then mediate the situation and decide on the appropriate course of action for the situation.
- If a storyteller feels a player to be behaving inappropriately while signed into ACE, they can take any level of disciplinary action they feel to be appropriate to the situation. Any DA will be immediately reported to the HST and CM. Only the HST and CM can reverse DA taken against a player or member of staff.
- ACE will not run any scenes within the chronicle sov involving IC/OOC nonconsensual sexual content or forced pregnancies. If a player attempts to run a scene with another player involving either of these scenarios, the player may face any level of Disciplinary Action as decided by ACE staff including GNC of the PC and/or chronicle ban. Please see our banned content section for more information on this topic.
- If you choose to come to game inebriated you may be asked to leave by the ACE ST staff. Any IC actions taken while inebriated are considered valid IC actions.
- No touching of another player or ST, unless each participant involved has given direct and explicit consent. Any participant may be asked to leave immediately for inappropriate touching, followed by consideration for a game ban and OWBN Org disciplinary action.
- Verbal or written harassment of a Player or ST will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Any participant may be asked to leave immediately for harassment, followed by consideration for a game ban and OWBN Org disciplinary action. This includes any email/chat correspondence while portraying your ACE PC as well.
- No information gathered out of character (or as an alternate character) may be used in-character for any reason. This is considered metagaming, and classified as cheating.
- No cheating. If you are found cheating, you will be given a warning for your first offense. Depending on the level of cheating, the ST may decide to destroy the PC of the guilty party(s). For repeat offenders, you will be banned from participation in ACE, and OWBN Org disciplinary action will be considered.
- All character sheets and item cards must have an ACE ST signature/stamp to be usable in ACE. Any item cards that are checked into ACE may be transferred or destroyed at ST discretion while you are signed into the game.
- No participant as player character in any ACE scene, either in person or online, may also act as their own ST. All players must have a secondary Storyteller overseeing their scenes. If you are found to be STing for your own scenes, this will be classified as cheating.
- For clarification, this means that STs of a scene may not also be portraying their own player character in a scene, nor can any PC make final calls within a scene.
- Players can engage in scenes without an ST present, but at any point there is a disagreement regarding the scene is to be paused and a ST brought in.
- STs must be made aware of any noteworthy actions that should be noted on your sheet or kept on record.
- Disciplinary actions will be taken at ST discretion.
- Any breach of this Code of Conduct will be handled on a case by case basis as each situation is unique.
- Any repeat offenses will earn harsher repercussions.
- Repercussions could include, but are not limited to: Revoking of participation Exp, Administrative PC death, Chronicle ban, or proposal for One World By Night disciplinary action.
- Anyone can be temporarily or permanently banned from participating in ACE at any time for any reason for the safety, comfort, and fairness of ACE players and staff.