We, the community of Romig Middle School, will create an environment where students and adults come together cooperatively to strive for academic achievement and social-emotional growth. Our diverse community encourages responsibility, promotes honesty and cooperation, challenges students to seek an intercultural understanding, and empowers students to have respect in order to achieve success today and in the future.
Romig Middle School will be teaching the 1st Quarter Personal Safety lessons between October 6 and October 20 during the Advisory/Support period. The age-appropriate lessons will be presented in a non-threatening way, along with the skills needed for self-protection. The lesson content is part of the Anchorage School District’s plan to enact the Alaska Safe Children’s Act and will be handled in a sensitive, respectful manner.
1st Quarter Lessons
Lesson 1: Self-Esteem & Personal Power
· Gain awareness of the concept of personal power
· Understand the concept of red flags that alert us to unsafe situations
· Set personal boundaries
· Recognize unsafe situations
· Practice refusal skills
Lesson 4: A.C.T.: Abuse, Disclosure, Getting Help
· Develop an understanding that grooming and abuse can occur in many different situations with different people
· Identify red flags
· Understand how to use personal power to protect themselves and others using Act, Care, Tell (A.C.T.)
· Identify available resources and trusted adults
*For more information about the lessons being presented, please visit:
If you have any questions about the content of the program or if you wish to inquire about opting out, please contact the school office.
Thank you for partnering with us as we continue to provide learning opportunities to improve the safety and well being of our students.