- “Need help finding URM speakers for your seminars/panels/conferences? There’s a list for that:”
- When writing reference letters for trainees, use language that avoids bias.
- Abiodun, S. (2019). " Seeing Color", A Discussion of the Implications and Applications of Race in the Field of Neuroscience. Frontiers in human neuroscience, 13, 280.
- Anderson, E. (2015). The white space. Sociology of race and ethnicity, 1(1), 10-21.
- Boykin et al. (2020) Anti-racist actions and accountability: not more empty promises
- Hagan, A. K., Pollet, R. M., & Libertucci, J. (2020). Suggestions for Improving Invited Speaker Diversity To Reflect Trainee Diversity. Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education, 21(1).
- Jones, J. M., & Dovidio, J. F. (2018). Change, challenge, and prospects for a diversity paradigm in social psychology. Social Issues and Policy Review, 12(1), 7-56.
- Kraus, M. W., & Torrez, B. (2020). A psychology of power that is embedded in societal structures. Current opinion in psychology, 33, 86-90.
- Medin, D., Ojalehto, B., Marin, A., & Bang, M. (2017). Systems of (non-) diversity. Nature Human Behaviour, 1(5), 1-5.
- Richeson, J. A., & Sommers, S. R. (2016). Toward a social psychology of race and race relations for the twenty-first century. Annual review of psychology, 67, 439-463.
- Salter, P. S., Adams, G., & Perez, M. J. (2018). Racism in the structure of everyday worlds: A cultural-psychological perspective. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 27(3), 150-155.
- Trawalter, S., Bart-Plange, D. J., & Hoffman, K. M. (2020). A socioecological psychology of racism: Making structures and history more visible. Current opinion in psychology, 32, 47-51.
- Jackson et al. (2020) #HashtagActivism: Networks of Race and Gender Justice. The MIT Press. Cambridge, MA. (Free download)
- Zubera & Bonilla-Silva (2008) White Logic, White Methods: Racism and Methodology
- Jioni Lewis: Start by Doing the Work on You: Ten Tips for the ‘Newly Woke’ to Become Anti-Racist Allies in Academia
- Juliette McClendon: The stain of racism is deep within the origins of Psychiatry and Psychology. History lesson thread…
- Tatiana Mac: White People: Let’s talk about ways to focus on current & systemic change.
- Tracy Edwards: A lesson on proper allyship to the black community in an academic/lab setting.
Organizing and giving