Designing a Power Plant
Based on the light sources we have set up in our test rig, design a six cell power plant to maximize power output over a day.
- Connect the six PV cells together in series using the alligator clips provided. Note that a positive terminal must connect to a negative terminal.
- Use your voltmeter to test that your panels are connected correctly.
- Handle the solar cells with care!
- Gently attach the PV cells to your mounting structure with scotch tape to maximize power output. Your design must be self-supporting!
- Feel free to measure the angles of the lights in the test rig.
- Bring your setup to the test rig to measure your power output.
- Make design modifications if needed and test again.
- Record your average power output on the flip chart.