Waikino One-Day Forest School Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please ensure that you are familiar with our Terms and Conditions, Policies and Consent to Activity, prior to your child attending our programme. A copy of our full Health and Safety Management System is available on request.
1.0 Completed December 2018 - Review Date December 2019
By registering your child for Waikino One-Day Forest School, you do so in full agreement with these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that you have read, fully understand and agree to the following:
REGISTRATION AND ENROLMENT
- At time of registration you must provide true information that has been requested and not withhold or alter any information that may affect or limit your child’s ability to participate safely and fully in the programme.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
Waikino One - Day Forest School $500.00 Incl GST for 10 week blocks
- When you enrol your child in the Waikino One-Day Forest School, a commitment to the full term is required. Your child’s place has been reserved for them every week and cannot be filled by another child if you choose to have them not attend a session. Therefore, you are required to pay for every session of the term once you have committed attendance.
- There is a 50 % deposit to secure your child’s place on the programme
- The remaining payments must be made in advance, but can be made in instalments either weekly, fortnightly or monthly by prior arrangement. Payments should be made to the school office, or by internet banking to Waikino School 03 1575 0043081 01.
- We do not offer casual sessions or fortnightly attendance.
- An invoice will be emailed before each term begins. Please read carefully the specific payment details and conditions on the invoice. We accept cash and internet banking. A receipt will be issued.
- Sessions are every Wednesday during the term. The number of sessions per term can change and will be confirmed prior to the term commencing.
All children must be collected on time. A 15 minute grace period is given before the session commences at 8:30am and once the session has ended at 3:00pm.
Parents will be charged an additional fee of $10 Incl GST per child if they are dropped off or collected outside of these times, unless prior arrangement has been made.
Fees for the One Day Programme are subject to change without notice.
CHANGES, ABSENCES AND CANCELLATIONS
Please make sure that when you register your child at The Waikino Forest School you are 100% committed to your child attending. Cancellations and no-shows have a significant effect on our entire programme including; children on wait lists, administration, staff ratios and resources. Once you have registered and have accepted our Terms and Conditions, you are legally bound to comply to the following:
One Day School Cancellations
- If you intend to withdraw from Waikino One - Day Forest School at the end of the school term/ year, notice must be given by 1st December.
- If you decide to withdraw from the Waikino One - Day Forest School during the term you must give 2 weeks notice.
- If you fail to give appropriate notice, you will be required to pay the applicable session fees following the date that you do give notice.
- Failure to give the required notice has a significant impact on our staffing, ratios, other families on the waitlist and the dynamic of our student roll.
- If there is a no show at the beginning of the term or if the required notice has not been given, a penalty fee may be charged at the discretion of the Principal.
- If you withdraw from Waikino One - Day Forest School and have paid the FULL term fees in advance, you will be refunded any remaining term fees, after the 2 week notice period.
ATTENDANCE ROLL - ONE DAY SCHOOL
- Attendance of all Waikino One - Day Forest School children is recorded at the beginning of the day at roll call. This information is provided to your child’s regular school for their records at the end of the term.
- If your child is absent you must notify Waikino One - Day Forest School via text 02102481354 as soon as possible so that this can be recorded on the roll.
- The parent must personally notify the teacher in charge if someone else will be collecting the child and this will be noted.
CONSENT TO ACTIVITY
At time of enrolling for the Waikino One - Day Forest School the Consent to Activity must be read carefully. By completing your child’s registration/enrollment you acknowledge that you consent to your child participating in and understand fully the nature of Waikino One - Day Forest School activities.
COMMUNICATION - ONE DAY SCHOOL
- At Waikino One - Day Forest School we value a collaborative and triadic relationship: parents, students and educators. We are always available to support, suggest and help guide parents on their learning journey with their children. If you require to speak with Waikino One - Day Forest School staff on an individual, private basis, about any query or concern at all, please do email to make a time to do so. Communication is very important and transparency and honesty is essential to your child’s success with their learning.
- The Waikino One - Day Forest School will document play and learning experiences in the form of photos and slideshows on Facebook publicly and also the private page. Anecdotal notes will be included from time to time. If you require additional information or require further explanation about the learning experiences that take place, please let us know.
- There will be NO assessment against standards or benchmarks or comparison between students. Our philosophy is that learning through play is an individual process, it is vast and varied and depends on the development and stage of a child- not age.
- Evaluating and reflecting on learning happens between the teaching team at the end of each forest school session. These anecdotal notes are confidential and support the ongoing planning and evaluation process of learners and experiences.
WELLBEING AND SAFETY
- The safety, wellbeing, and experience that all children have when they attend Waikino One - Day Forest School is paramount. A duty of care and all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure your child’s safety. In the event of an unexpected injury or if your child becomes unwell, we will contact you and/or the relevant medical authorities promptly. All appropriate steps will be taken to ensure the child’s well being. Any medical costs will be solely your responsibility.
- Children attending Waikino One - Day Forest School must come prepared and should be dressed appropriately for the season and weather. This includes:
- * a change of clothing
- *comfortable shoes
- * sun hat
- * insect repellent
- *waterproof jacket
- *waterproof pants
- * appropriate winter layers such as wool or merino, wool hat.
- Parents will be notified immediately if children arrive unprepared and it will be the parent’s responsibility to return with the necessary clothing.
- Each child must have their own FULL water bottle and plenty of lunch and snacks.
- Boundaries, safety guidelines and safety expectations are made clear before any activity takes place. These guidelines are visibly available to parents on signage. Please become familiar with these.
- We regularly review our safety expectations with students. This includes advising/reminding children of boundaries, safe tool use, expectations and routines.
- Waikino One - Day Forest School will take all reasonable measures to ensure your child's safety. If your child acts outside of the instructions given to them, then they do so at their own risk and they may be instructed to leave the programme or activity.
- In the unlikely case that a child becomes aggressive, threatening or violent and staff perceive that the child, other children or staff members are at risk of injury or distress; the Lead Educator/Principal will be required to take necessary measures to protect those involved and prevent the situation escalating. This may include: calling parents to remove the child, removing the child physically from the situation, or in extreme cases; physically removing the child.
- The full Waikino One - Day Forest School Health and Safety Management Plan is available on request.
- We take the health and safety of every child very seriously and are constantly updating our policies and management strategies to achieve our goal; that no harm will come to participants whilst at Waikino One - Day Forest. The Waikino One - Day Forest staff are qualified and experienced in the facilitation of all of the activities that take place. Although we take all reasonable steps to mitigate accidents, there is an element of risk in some of the activities atWaikino One - Day Forest and by consenting to your child participating in activities, acknowledge this.
- Participation in all activities at Waikino One - Day Forest is voluntary although students are supported and encouraged by their peers and teachers to participate to a level which challenges them. Therefore, we promote challenge by choice and encourage children to learn to take calculated risks.
- By enrolling your child at Waikino One - Day Forest, you understand that there are risks associated with outdoor activities that cannot be reduced to zero. You are aware that you are able to ask any questions of Waikino One - Day Forest or the qualified outdoor instructor on staff, to gain a better understanding of the activities, before deciding whether your child takes part.
- Waikino One - Day Forest will identify any hazards that are liable to arise and identify correct procedures to deal with these. It is necessary for your child to follow any associated instructions that are given, at all times.
- At time of enrolment at Waikino One - Day Forest, you are required to read, sign and provide a consent to activity. This consent is confirmation that you are aware and understand the activities that take place at Waikino One - Day Forest and risks associated with these activities.
- Waikino One - Day Forest has a duty of care for your child and will take all reasonable care of his/her property during their session, but will not be held responsible for any accidental injury to the child associated with normal childhood play or loss of or damage to property.
PRIVACY ACT 1993
- All personal information collected by Waikino One - Day Forest school is confidential and will only be used for the purpose of establishing and maintaining records held by Waikino One - Day Forest school.
- Personal information will only be released or made available to another person if they are an education or health professional working with Waikino One - Day Forest school for the best interests of the child.
- Held information will be available to you at anytime and you will be given the opportunity to correct it in accordance with the Privacy Act.
CASE STUDIES AND DATA COLLECTION
- Waikino One - Day Forest school reserves the right to gather data and keep case studies in relation to progress and achievement.
- Waikino One - Day Forest school reserves the right to use this material in any publications and/or marketing.
- No real student names will be used in any public forums where progress and achievement are shared.
PHOTOS AND INTERNET
- Waikino One - Day Forest school reserves the right to take photos and/or video of activities and children participating in those activities for documentation, data collection, promotional and publicity purposes.
- By enrolling at Waikino One - Day Forest school, you give consent for photos and/or video to be taken of your child, unless otherwise instructed in writing.
- If you DO NOT want your child to appear in photos and/or video, you must state this in writing and email it to: Waikino One - Day Forest school- email@example.com
VULNERABLE CHILDREN ACT 2014
- Waikino One - Day Forest school has followed the necessary procedures as outlined in Page 6 of the Vulnerable Children Act to ensure that all employees are suitable to be children’s workers and that no child will be put in a vulnerable position or at risk.
- In the case of contractors or other personnel being present on site at Waikino One - Day Forest school, any companies employed to complete any contract work will be required to provide evidence of suitability to work in, on or around a premises which has children present.
- Waikino One - Day Forest school will not accept any responsibility of the suitability of parents or caregivers coming and going from the centre.
- Any parent or volunteer who is sharing their specialist knowledge or expertise during one of the sessions, will be requested to comply with Waikino One - Day Forest school procedures in line with the Vulnerable Children Act 2014. If a background check including a police check has not been obtained then volunteers will not be left alone with any child. Waikino One - Day Forest school educator or facilitator will always be present.
In case of an emergency, or if your child is unable to attend Waikino One - Day Forest school School due to an unexpected absence or illness please text Jo on 02102481354. We avoid answering calls during the session and usually do not check emails until the end of the day.
- By completing your online registration form or by signing the enrolment form you also confirm to have read, understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- Waikino One - Day Forest school reserves the right to cancel or withdraw any child’s enrolment where the Terms and Conditions have not been complied with.
- If fees are unpaid/overdue beyond a 4 week period, your child will automatically be withdrawn from the roll. An additional 2 weeks will be charged from the date of withdrawal to cover administration. A payment plan request for unpaid/overdue fees will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Non payment of fees is an automatic notice of withdrawal.
- Failure to pay any outstanding fees will be transferred directly to a third party collection agency.