Concur Expense Reimbursement
Concur is an online reimbursement system used for submitting your Toastmaster expenses. All Toastmasters in District 18 are required to use it.
Please take the Toastmasters International online training before using Concur. These instructions are meant to supplement the training, and not to replace it.
Note: Even if you have a Concur account with another organization, you must still create a new one to use exclusively for Toastmasters International.
- Take the Toastmasters online training.
- You can also access the training by searching on Concur at Toastmasters International.
Note: it is a silent module, and you must use the arrow in the lower right corner to advance.
- Signing on to Concur
- User name is your eight digit member ID from Toastmasters (followed by @toastmasters.org). Add leading zeros if your member ID is less than 8 digits.
- User password is welcome. You will be prompted to reset your password when you log in the first time.
- Link your bank account to your Concur account.
- Before you can submit any expenses receipts, you must tie it to a bank account under Profile. It takes a few days for the process to be completed. You will see a one cent deposit in your checking account as part of the verification process. This must occur before you can submit any expense reports.
- Note: do NOT add a credit card to Concur.
YOU ARE NOW READY TO SUBMIT EXPENSES FOR REIMBURSEMENT.
- Create a new expense report using this recommended naming convention:
- Naming convention for expense reports: OOP-D<District #>-<your name>-event>-<month><year>
- Avoid giving two different expense reports the exact same name.
- Add each expense separately to your report. Expense and report code tips:
- Expense codes: choose the one that most closely matches the expense. Note:
- expense code 7068: “Other” (shown under Travel) is used for tolls.
- expense code 7078: “Food” (shown under Travel) is usually for food when travelling. It also includes food for Speech Contests.
- expense code 7016: “Meal Events” (shown under Other) is usually for food during an event, such as TLI and conferences.
- Reporting codes: choose the one that most closely matches the expense. Note:
- reporting code 963: “Travel – Other Member” includes Pathway Guides & Ambassadors
- Required fields: will be highlighted in red. Some information is only required for certain expenses. For example, event period is required for conferences, contests, and TLI.
- Note: Attach each receipt to the applicable expense by using the “Attach Receipt” button in the lower right hand corner. Do not lump receipts together and attach them to only one expense. Be sure to hit “Save”.
- Submit your report.
- Use the “Submit Report” in the upper right hand corner.
- If you do not submit the report, it will not be processed.
- If your expense report is rejected and sent back to you, resolve any outstanding issues. You must then resubmit it in a timely manner.
Best Practice reminders
- Submission deadline: all bills must be submitted within 60 days of purchase (or by July 31 for expenses made in June).
- Mileage requires a Google map or MapQuest showing the starting point and ending points, with miles travelled. Date and purpose must be shown in Concur.
- When submitting mileage, be mindful of one way trips and round trips.
- The mileage reimbursement for 2018 is .545 per mile.
- Maximums limits on expense reimbursement apply.
- Include as much detail as possible in your report, especially under the comments.
Please contact the District Finance Manager with any questions: email@example.com