BASALT MIDDLE SCHOOL PARKING SAFETY RULES
To ensure the safety of all, please follow the below BMS parking rules:
- NO CELL PHONES: Hang up before pickup! Please turn off your cell phone in our parking lot unless you are parked in a designated parking spot (not the drop-off zone) with the motor turned off.
- SLOW DOWN: The speed limit on campus is 10 mph.
- STOP FOR PEDESTRIANS: Keep an eye out and stop for all students and pedestrians crossing the road and in the crosswalks.
- DROP-OFF ZONE: Each drop-off zone has two lanes. The right lane should be for a quick “stop and drop” of a student. The left lane is for through traffic. Do not park, chat, check your phone, or leave your car unattended in either of these drop-off zone lanes. Park only in designated spots.
- BE COURTEOUS to fellow parents and students. Take turns merging, don't block traffic, drive slow, be alert to pedestrians, and we’ll all have a great start to the day!
BASALT MIDDLE SCHOOL SAFE & SECURE ENTRY PROCEDURES
- PARKING. If you need to visit the school, do not park in the drop-off zone. Park only in designated parking spots.
- SCHOOL ACCESS. Parents will be required to stop by the front office window before being allowed access into the main office or school.
- VISITING BMS: During school hours, all visitors will enter through the main doors and check-in at the welcome window prior to entering a school. Once verified, visitors will be let into the building, asked to sign in, and given a badge that they will wear visibly for the duration of their visit. It is imperative that visitors not hold the door open for others behind them. Each visitor must be acknowledged individually. Upon leaving, visitors will return their badges and sign out.