Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! This post will review a number of informational items which will be repeated often to students throughout the first several days of school. Parents and students - please take the time to read over all the information.
Special Notes for Day 1 Only (MondayAugust 24,2020)
- Students who have not picked up their schedules, VALOR (Homeroom) teachers will have them.
- Please use progressbook to see your Homeroom teacher
- Homeroom assignments will also be posted around the lobby
- Students are required to wear a mask that is school appropriate and covers their mouth and nose.
- All entry doors will be used to limit crowded areas
- Student Drop off and Drivers:
- Upon arrival, remain in vehicles until 7:10 am; no congregating in parking lots is permitted
- Walkers/Bicycles maintain social distancing outside while waiting for doors to open. (7:10am)
- Student Drivers will enter through the band doors located by the student parking lot
- JH students being dropped off will enter through both the main entrance (nearest tennis courts) as well as the Jr. High wing door located near the front of the building (nearest South Tecumseh Rd)
- Students will be dismissed at 7:10 am, staggered release. Students are expected to exit the bus and allow space for social distancing.
- 7th/8th grade students will enter doors along the Jr. High Wing
- 9-12 Students will enter through horseshoe doors
- At 7:10 am, students will be permitted to enter the building. Students should go directly to their VALOR homerooms upon arrival.
- Students that wish to eat breakfast will be released from homeroom in order to get breakfast and quickly return to homeroom to eat.
- Students will remain in their assigned seats within the classroom.
- Only students who are eating breakfast may go to the cafeteria.
- Breakfast will end promptly at 7:35
- Students are not permitted to congregate in hallways.
- Student lockers will be assigned (Every other locker if possible)
- Students should not congregate at lockers
- Restrooms will be CLOSED between class changes
- A maximum capacity will be posted outside of each restroom
- It is required that students wear masks when using the restroom.
- If a restroom is at capacity, students must wait outside the restroom.
- Students should not congregate at restrooms.
- Students will need to be dismissed from class to use the restroom. Students must sign out from classroom and use agenda/passes while in the hall
- Water fountains will not be in use. Students are encouraged to come to school with a filled, resealable water bottle each day.
- Water bottle fill stations will be available
- We will operate on a seven (7) period day.
- There will be three (3) minutes between classes.
- Students are required to wear masks.
- Students must practice social distancing while changing classes.
- Large groups of students moving through hallways in the building must stay to the right.
- Lunch time will have two different locations where students will eat. One group will eat in the cafeteria and the other group will eat on the gymnasium stage. Both locations will require students to be spread out. (Stage will only be used as needed)
- Students will be dismissed from assigned seats to enter the lunch line
- Students will sit with their 4th or 5th period class in assigned seats
- Restroom visits will be limited.
- Students will be dismissed by grade level over the PA. When students are dismissed, they may quickly visit their lockers then must exit the building right away. Socializing and/or waiting for peers inside the building is not allowed.
- Student drivers congregating in the parking lot is not allowed
- Students participating in athletics must report directly to the practice location.
- By the governor's order, students must wear masks at all times.
- Masks must be school appropriate.
- Proper mask wearing includes both the nose and mouth being covered.
- Students must schedule an appointment
- Schedule for time slots in the main office
- If a student needs emergency assistance for emotional or personal reasons, they should go to the main office to alert staff they need to see a counselor as soon as possible.
- Schedule questions and other academic questions are not considered emergencies. Students should use the appropriate appointment request (Mrs.Spink)
- As a general rule, visitors will not be permitted in the building.
- Guests who enter the building will follow the same safety protocol as staff and students. An office person will address their needs. Guests will need to provide identification.
- Deliveries for students will be distributed on a very limited basis. Most, if not all, will occur at the end of the school day.
This is a lot of information. I would encourage you, parents and students, to read over it a few times. Also, please continue to check the Greenon Local Website for messages and information. Again, if you have questions, please call the Greenon Jr./Sr. High School (937) 340-6372
We can do this. We are #greenonstrong! Let's have an EXCELLENT school year!