1. The Camera Club has been set up under the auspices of the Bay Centre.
2. A member of the Bay Centre Management Committee will be a member of the Camera Club Committee.
3. The Camera Club will be governed by a committee consisting of the four elected officers: Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership and Events Organiser plus the mandatory member of the Bay Centre Committee (a total of five members).
4. An Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held once a year, normally in the second quarter. At this meeting there will be a report from the Committee on the activities held since the previous AGM including the Balance Sheet and accounts (which will have been signed by the Auditor). The meeting will consider any other business relevant to the Camera Club. The Committee will then stand down every second year and nominees for new committee will be voted. The Committee will then be elected which will assume authority immediately following the closure of the Annual
General Meeting. The Chairperson will then be elected by the Committee for the following term.
5. The Committee shall: - Have full control over the finances of the Club, except the subscription rates that shall be determined at an AGM. It shall also have the power to co-opt to fill vacancies on the Committee. It will have power to appoint sub committees with such terms of reference as may from time to time be determined.
6. The members of the Committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting. Nominations must be submitted to the Secretary a minimum of one week before the announced date of the AGM. All officers and elected members shall retire and shall be eligible for re-election.
7. Meetings of the Committee shall be held at such times and places as the Committee shall decide. In the event of a vote being required on an issue, each member of the Committee shall have one vote with the Chairperson having the casting vote.
8. Ten competitions shall be held per year, half of which will be print competitions, half of which will be digital format, which may be judged by an external judge.
9. Suggested changes to this constitution should be submitted in writing to the Secretary for discussion by the Committee.
10. Changes agreed by the Committee will be presented to the club members for adoption by majority voting.
This constitution was adopted at the AGM July 2012