Pre Trip Inspection Checklist
- Air Lines - Air lines should be secure at both ends with no abrasions, bulges or cuts. They should not be leaking, dragging or tangled.
- Apron - Make sure the apron is properly mounted and secure. Look for cracks, bends and breaks.
- Clearance - Make sure there is enough space between the tractor mudflap and the trailer landing gear so that they don’t hit each other when making a turn.
- Electric Line - The electric line should be secure at both ends. There should be no abrasions, bulges, cuts or exposed wires.
- Gap - The gap is not an actual item, however there should be no space between the apron and the skid plate.
- Glad Hands - The seals should be in good condition with no cracks, signs of rotting, or leaking air.
- King Pin - Make sure the king pin is properly mounted and secure. Look for cracks, bends and breaks.
- Locking Jaws - You must physically check that the locking jaws is fully locked around the king pin.
- Mounting Bolts - No mounting bolts should be missing.
- Platform - Make sure the platform is properly mounted and secure. Look for cracks, bends and breaks.
- Release Arm - The release arm should be in the fully locked position.
- Skid Plate - The skid plate needs to be properly lubed.
- Sliding Fifth Wheel Locking Pin - The pin must be in the fully locked position.
Visit the complete pre trip inspection study guide: https://cdltrainingtoday.com/cdl-training-resources/cdl-study-guide/cdl-pre-trip-inspection/
Find a local truck driving job.
CTRL+P TO PRINT