What is an Outreach family?
We define outreach swimmers as swimmers who qualify for free and/or reduced lunch, parents who have been out of work for at least 6 months.
Supporting Documents to Qualify for Team Outreach
- *Letter for free and reduced lunch from school
- *Primary breadwinner out of work for 6 months minimum
*these are Lake Erie’s policies for outreach so I propose we keep our qualifying policies the same at this time*
Rec and HS Program Support
- Discovery Swimmers: swim Discovery 2 for the price of Discovery 1
- Prep Swimmers: can swim Prep 2 for the price of Prep 1
- Swimmers in Fun and Fit, Teen fit can attend up to practice 3 days per week at the regular price
- Mini-Meet fee waived
High School Independent Athlete Program Support
- High School: Can pay the 3-day/week price and attend up to 4-5 days
- Salem Students can apply for additional scholarships through the Salem Swim Boosters. Contact Dan Bowers
Competitive Program Support
- Outreach membership to USA Swimming through Lake Erie: $5
- Swim in our HOSTED meets with no meet entry costs.
- Must pay LESI surcharge ($2) and Coaching Surcharge assessed by Piranha Aquatics
- Championship meet fees of the highest achieved championship meet covered 100% by the team.
Elaine Miller Fund Information
Elaine Miller Fund: This fund (click link to the left) will match scholarship and outreach from Piranha Aquatics, and is available through Lake Erie Swimming. Coach Caroline can help you complete the documentation, but this is the responsibility of the swim parent.
- Awards may be granted for club dues, USA Swimming registration, meet entry fees, expenses associated with special swimming events, or for any other necessary purpose.)
- A swimmer may receive aid more than once in a single calendar year, but may not receive a total amount greater than $500 per year.
- The committee will review applications 4 times per year and award scholarships based on need. The fund will match the contributions of Piranha Aquatics.
- Due at the end of each quarter: Sept 30, Dec 31, March 31, June 31.
Is there Scholarship Money available through Piranha Aquatics?
Yes, on a case-by-case and funding available basis. Swimmers who qualify for outreach can also apply for a scholarship. Please Click HERE for our Scholarship policies and to apply for a scholarship.
Our Mission: To employ the sport of swimming to develop a culture of inclusion, build community, and provide opportunities for all people to benefit from a lifelong love of aquatics.
www.PiranhaAquatics.com 330-548-SWIM 645 E. State Street Salem OH 44460