Chargers are STILL crushing it!
Congratulations to Mr. Merrick for being named as one of six boys basketball assistant coaches of year by the MN Boys Basketball Coaches Association!
Congratulations to Andrew Q. and Parker F. for being named to the Class A and AA Academic All State team!
Congratulations to the newest members of MN Honor Society. Joel B., Talitha H., Ben O., Skyler S., Camry B., Madison D., Kate J., Halle S., & Sam K. They join current members Jake K., Daniel D., & Andrew Q. Through service, leadership, scholarship & character, they have proven themselves to be worthy of this honor.
Happy birthday to Tyler B.
SNOW DAYS - There is always a price to pay.
There will be a full day of school at WWG on Mon., 4/22, Thurs., 5/30 and Fri., 5/31. More may be added later after we see what else winter has in store for us.
Because of missed days this quarter, Quarter 3 will now end on Wednesday, April 3, 2019, with quarter 4 beginning on Monday, April 4.
Beginning Mon., 3/11-Fri., 3/29, school will begin at the usual time, 8:20 but will be extended 30 min. to end the school day at 3:30. Regular bus routes will run at 4:00.
The late shuttle will also run ½ hour later as will after school activities.
01. Lunch today: Walking tacos, refried beans, fruit, milk
Breakfast tomorrow: Yogurt parfait, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Lasagna, corn, salad, garlic toast, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 3/26 - Dynamic reading, P3
04. FFA NEWS:
Little I at SDSU on Fri., 3/31. Bus leaves WB at 8:20, WG at 8:30.
Ben O., Jake K., Parker F., Andrew Q., Kelly B., Alli V., Kayla F., Jaden O., Ethan S., Halle S., Madison D., Hunnter B., Elijah M., Luke d., Zach K., Mason B., Daniel D., MaKayla E., Skyler S., Talitha H., Isabella L., Liz W., Coltin P., Erik K., Ivy P., Kelsey D.
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Seniors Class Trip: There will be a meeting for seniors and parents on Monday, April 1 at 7:00 pm in the WWG cafeteria. The Southwest Tours and Travel representative will be there to go over the class trip.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
April 1, American Legion
April 12- Technology & Trades
May 1- Paymond Clarke
May 1- Maurice & Hilda Mitchell
May 13- MN. Athletes in Sports Medicine
07. New Books in the Media Center
The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
650 Lexile, 9 pts.
When a school bus accident leaves sixteen-year-old Jessica an amputee, she returns to school with a prosthetic limb and her track team finds a wonderful way to help her rekindle her dream of running again.
08. 9-12th grade will have a spring dance on Saturday May 4th. Attire will be dressy (no jeans allowed). If you have suggestions/ideas for the dance, theme, games, etc., please talk to a student council member.
7-8th grade will also have a spring dance on Saturday May 4th. Attire is dressy, but you may wear jeans if you wish. Talk to Shelby, Elijah, Addeson, or Abby if you have questions or ideas.
09. Any student interested in online PSEO classes for next fall, stop in and see Mrs. Ourada for the paperwork.
10. Looking for summer employment? End-O-Line in Currie is taking applications. Check out the info on the board outside the HS office.
Boys Basketball players- there will be a uniform turn in AND A STATE PICTURE taken on Wednesday (27th) at 7:10. Bring all clean uniforms/ warm-ups etc on hangers. More info on the picture to follow.
Boys basketball- We are in the weight room at 6:15 Thursday morning!
Golf - We will have a golf meeting in Mr Theisen’s room on Tuesday at 3:50.
Track - There will not be a meet in Luverne tomorrow but will be track practice at Westbrook. Coach LeBoutillier
12. Little Caesars pizza will be here on Tuesday March 26th. Please excuse all Sophomores that sold pizza to come to the Cafeteria at 2:00pm to get pizzas.
Sophomores- make sure you are ready to deliver pizzas on TUESDAY they need to remain frozen. Then can be kept at room temp for only 6 hours after getting of the truck.
13. HS Play Schedule:
Tuesday (3/26): 2:30 Elementary Performance
7:00 Public Performance
Wednesday (3/27): 2:30 High School Performance & Theater Awards
Cast & crew can be dismissed Tuesday and Wednesday after lunch.
Kelsey D.,Elizabeth W., Jaden O., Elijah M., Daniel D., Hanna K., Joel B., Anna L., Heidi I., Kayla F., Melinda L., Houa Y.
14. Speech - Practices are in Westbrook on Wednesdays at 3:30-5:30 or in Walnut Grove on Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. See Mrs. Caygle to schedule another time, if needed.
15. MN State Survey for grades 8, 9, & 11 at 8:20 on ?????.
8th grade - computer lab
9th grade - Mrs. Caygle’s room and Mrs. Thao’s room
11th grade - Mr. Merrick’s room
Study Hall for others
Gr. 7 - Sandbulte’s room
Gr. 10 - Barron’s room
Gr. 12 - Byer’s room
16. Volleyball meeting for gr. 7-11 on Thurs., 3/28 at 3:15 in the cafeteria.
17. Career Day for 10th & 11th gr. Thurs., 3/28/19
Eat lunch at 11:00 and be in the Gym by 11:30. Gym 11:30 am-12:30 pm where you will get a schedule your 2 career choices on it.
1st session 12:35 pm-1:35 pm.
2nd session 1:40 pm- 2:40 pm.
Back to the gym 2:45pm-3:05 pm. Finally back to your 6th hour class to complete the day.
18. MCA test prep for 7-11 grades on Mon., 3/25, Wed., 3/27, and Fri., 3/29 at 12-12:30.
11th gr. In Mrs. Dibble’s room
10th gr. In Mrs. Kletscher’s room
9th gr. In Mrs. Zollner’s room
8th gr. In Mrs. Byers’ room
7th gr. In Mr. Merrick’s room
Seniors will meet in Mrs. Bonnstetter’s room.
19. Do you need a letter jacket? Talk to Mr. Woelber. He has 3 to sell for $50 each.
20. FCA will meet in Mrs. Byers' room this Wednesday, March 27, for lunch.
21. Juniors -
ACT Pre-Test at 1:30-2:30 on Wed., 3/27 in Mrs. Kletscher’s room.
ACT will be Tues., 4/2 beginning at 8:00 AM and concluding by 1:45 at the Westbrook Community Center.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Students will return to 6th period class upon completion of the test.
22. MCA Testing begins for for 7th & 8th gr. on Mon., 4/1, 8:30.
9th-11th gr. begin testing on Thurs., 4/4, 8:20.
12th gr. will go to the Elementary for the day.
23. 9th Graders going on the Redwood County Boy and Girls Day on April 2nd, the time has changed. We will need to be in Walnut Grove by 7:45. Let Mrs. Bonnstetter know if you will need transportation from Westbrook to Walnut Grove that morning.
Those going are Jaden O, Pachee V, Liz W., Cole V., Anna L., Orion K., Isabelle L., Kayla P., Kelsey D., and Ben L.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Please have your completed and signed Time cards/Time sheets in on Friday!! Thank you, Jane
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Tues., 3/26 - HS Spring Play, 7:00 PM
**CANCELLED**TR at Luverne, 4:00.