Bar Server/Concessions Procedures
Revised August 2018
WASH HANDS WITH SOAP AND WATER EACH TIME YOU RE-ENTER THE CONCESSION AREA. Wash often while working as well!
- We consider you part of the Town Hall Theatre experience and we are very grateful for your professional, kind and caring attitude while you are here! Thank you for making our patrons feel welcome and well served!
- If your availability to volunteer changes, please change your status on the Sign Up Genius here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805054da9ab2dab9-volunteer1at your earliest opportunity so we can find someone to cover the shift. If you are able to send a quick email to Suzie at: Suzie.Shepard@TownHallTheatre.com, that would be great too!
- The House Manager on duty is your go-to person for all questions, concerns and support!
- Please arrive 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the start of the show.
- Put on our black Town Hall Theatre logo apron over your clothes.
- Familiarize yourself with where every thing is, we encourage you to open up drawers and cupboards!
- Bottle Opener, Cutting board, shot glasses (On top of bar or in drawer below cash drawer)
- We don’t sell water bottles, but we offer FREE compostable cups to be used at our water filling station located across and to the right of the bar.
- Candy & Chips (Below the liquor cabinet)
- Beer & Wine (2 locations: Cabinet to the left of the coffee maker & top cabinet to the left of the refrigerator)
- Tea (Below the liquor cabinet next to the left of the refrigerator)
- Coffee (Below the coffee machine)
- Cold Cups (Bottom drawer located below the cash drawer)
- Hot Cups (Above the coffee machine)
- Trash Bags (Below the sink)
- Review “How to Process Credit Cards” with our smart credit card machine by touching it and taking a look. It is very intuitive and easy! Just enter amount and swipe!
- Review Price List & Recipe for the Signature Drink
- Smile & have fun!
- If they ask you to make a drink that you don’t know how to make please ask them to “Volunteer” that information. Remind them that you are a volunteer and you would love their help with the recipe!
- Restock concession items if necessary.
- If a patron comes up to you with a problem you can’t solve, please find a house staff person to handle the situation.
- Take detailed orders for INTERMISSION DRINKS: (IF THIS SERVICE IS BEING OFFERED HOUSE MANAGER WILL LET YOU KNOW!)
- First & Last Name, Type of Drink written on sticky note.
- Pre Ordered Intermission Drinks need to be paid for in advance!
- Check/Fulfill drink PRE-ORDERED INTERMISSION DRINKS that were made before ACT 1 for pick-up at Counter.
FRIDAY THEATRE CLUB/TALK BACK SHIFT (Extended by approx 15-20 min.)
2 Friday’s per run of a show we offer a post show talkback. Following that performance we offer our patrons a FREE glass of wine while they wait for the artistic staff and actors to get out of costume and join them on stage.
- During curtain call applause please come downstairs and grab trays of wine to pass out up in the house after the house has cleared of patrons who are not staying for the talk back.
- Go downstairs to bar and pour additional glasses if staff underestimated attendance.
- Upon completion return trays and apron, you may stay for the talk back if you like!