Frequently Asked Questions for Spring 2018 Season
When does registration open and close for the spring 2018 season?
- Registration opens January 1, 2018 and will close February 15th, 2018.
- Players not registered by February 15th will not have a uniform for the start of the season.
- When everyone is registered, the sooner we’ll be able to send out additional information about the Spring Season.
- You are only considered registered if you have completed the registration process and the registration fee is paid in full.
What is the registration fee for the spring 2018 season?
- The registration fee is $360 for player registered by January 31st . The registration fee is $395 starting Feb 1st.
- Registration fee includes a uniform (jersey & shorts).
- The registration fee covers league fees, league tournament fees, fields, uniforms, referees, coaches and admin fee.
What league does United play in?
- United plays in the Colorado Youth Lacrosse Association (CYLA).
What ages/grades do offer Teams for?
- United Lacrosse offers Spring teams for players in 1 st (U7) through 7th (U13) grades. Boys and girls younger are eligible for our Learn to Play program!
- Players of all levels of experience are welcome to register.
- We offer a Learn to Play program for agesd 4-6. Some players who are 6 years of age can play U7. Please contact us if you have questions.
When does the season start and end?
- Teams will begin practice the last week of March.
- We will play in the league tournament the weekend before Memorial Day and then conclude the season at the Colorado Lacrosse Championships at the Air Force Academy on May 26th and 27th.
How are Spring Teams formed?
- Participants will be placed on a team in accordance with their age and playing level.
- Depending on team sizes, coach availability and registration numbers, it is possible we may need to waitlist some registrants. Returning players are given preference. If we must place your player on a waitlist, we will notify you as soon as possible.
- Players are not guaranteed to be on the same team from year to year.
How are players/teams placed in divisions?
- Per CYLA rules, teams are based on grade, with a corresponding age cut-off. Please visit the CYLA website for more information. Click Here
- For the spring 2018 season, the U7, U8 and U9 divisions play 7 vs. 7 on a short - sided field. All other divisions play 10 vs. 10 on a regulation sized field.
What is the game schedule?
- The CYLA will publish the final game schedule on March 21st and it will be emailed to parents at that time.
- Teams will play games starting in April through May. Games typically take place on Saturdays and sometimes Sundays. Occasionally, make up games will be made up on a weekday or a designated makeup day. Games are generally scheduled anywhere from 9am-6pm.
Where are United Lacrosse games played?
- United plays games at Denver City Park unless we are able to secure fields in the Highlands area.
- Many United teams will travel for away games locally or as far as Boulder and Colorado Springs. We try to request schedules for our younger teams so they do not have to travel as far. Also, we try to limit our teams from traveling more than 45 minutes to a game more than 3x per season.
Where and when do United teams practice?
- Subject to field availability, we will send out practice days and locations to everyone by March 1st. We secure fields through Denver Parks & Rec and DPS. Both organizations do not provide permits until February, so we will notify everyone of their designated practice day as soon as we know.
- We believe that most of our practices will be on Mondays and Wednesdays starting the last week of March, either at 46th and Pecos or Sloan’s Lake. Some teams might have to practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Teams will generally practice two times per week from 5:30PM-7:00PM.
When will we know which team our player is on?
- We plan to have all players placed on a team by March 1st and we’ll notify everyone regarding that information.
What equipment is required?
- All players are responsible to provide their own equipment. Lacrosse stick, helmet, gloves, shoulder pads, elbow pads, cleats, cup, and mouthpiece.
How do I receive a Uniform?
- All United players will receive a new uniform for the Spring Season.
- Uniforms will be distributed to each player during the first week of practice prior to the first scheduled game.
- If you register after Friday, February 15th, your player will not have a uniform for the start of the season (at least the first three games).
What is the US Lacrosse (USL) Membership?
The CYLA requires all players to be US Lacrosse Members. Please submit this information during the registration process.
Do you offer scholarships?