Hammonton Green Committee Minutes - January 2018
Monthly Meeting - Hammonton Town Hall
Green Committee Members:
__ Jeanette DePiero X Mica McCullough __ Amy Menzel X Linda Esposito
X Kerri Patton __Sara Verrillo __Courtney Volpe
Friends of the Green Committee & Guests: Barbara Neary
- Events and Projects:
Recycled Ornaments Sale
- Due to holidays, unable to determine how much was collected
- Possibility of making these/ hosting make & take at Green Day?
Sustainable Jersey Actions
- SJ subcommittee will be formed at our Feb. meeting
- EOFLS “Cleanser Your Beauty Routine” focus on microplastics & plastic-free skin care make & take, Feb 20 7:00 pm at Casciano’s new Next Door
- Atlantic/ Cape May HUB mtg “Sharing Positive Energy” Weds. Feb.21 6-8 pm at NJM in Hammonton, RSVP at bit.ly/ACMEnergy
Sustainable Jersey for Schools:
- School Board seemed more receptive than ever, particularly about ANJEC rain garden project
- May need more explanation of process, providing proof of actions
- More information available & more in-depth meetings after School Board reorganization meeting this month.
Puerto Rico Relief
- Edwin in PR for 10 days in January w/ kits (purchasing buckets there due to shipping expense)
- We can regroup how we can help his efforts upon his return
Eye Opening Film & Lecture
- February event location: Mica & Kerri will research locations
- Microplastic theme, make-and-take face scrub.
- Beauty sponsor? JNR?
- Other theme ideas: Minimalism/ tiny house; Story of Stuff (lint); Straws
Adopt a Road Cleanups
- April 7 (rain date 8th) is being held for downtown cleanup with students. Amy will reach out to St. Joe, Linda/ Victoria will reach out to HHS.
- Pending Lake Cleanup date, Green Committee can “fan out” downtown if there are plenty of lake volunteers
- Next time: count branded items to determine where to focus community education program. Wawa could “sponsor” a trash can, Egg Harbor Rd., or on Front St. park?
Family Success Center Planting
- Linda will keep trying to get in touch with Trish Donio.
- Potential to dovetail with Mayor’s Monarch Challenge
2. Garden Update -
- Next meeting Feb. 28 at 7:00 pm, Town Hall 3rd floor conference room
3. Open Floor
- Linda will get more detail on HHS Community Garden location, talk with Lou Caruso
- Leo Club is looking for projects-- potential partner with Green Club?
- Green Committee sponsor a Rutgers Environmental Steward?
- Green Committee sponsor an ACUA Explorer Post? Linda will share the opportunity with Brian Gazzara and Kerri with Kristen Silvesti.