SNOW DAYS - There is always a price to pay.
There will be a full day of school at WWG on Monday, Feb. 18 and on Monday, March 25.
Early Dismissal --
Tues., 2/12 - Speech team at 2:10. Mariah B., Tim K., Ben L., Caitlin M., Elizabeth W.
GB at 2:40.
01. Lunch today: Italian sub, glazed carrots, fruit, milk.
Breakfast tomorrow: Yogurt parfait, granola, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Beefy nachos, corn, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 2/12 - Dynamic Reading, P4
Fri., 2/15 - Life 101, P1
04. FFA NEWS:
*Small Animal Practice after school on Wednesday's
*Fish and Wildlife practice during lunch in Library Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
*Competition for all is February 15th
05. SENIOR NEWS:
SENIORS have you applied for the scholarships at the college you have chosen to go to? www.ohe.state.mn.us/mnscholarships
SENIOR MEETING for all Seniors during lunch on Mon., 2/11 in Mr. Theisen’s room.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb. 15- Basin Electric Power Coop (Redwood County students)
Feb. 15- South Central Electric, www.southcentralelectric.com
Feb 28, Walnut Grove Area Foundation
March 1, MN Soybean Processors
March 7- WWG Local Area Scholarship
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
March 15, Missouri River Energy Svc.
March 15, American Legion Auxiliary
April 1, American Legion
07. The Hive Queen by Tui T. Sutherland
(No Lexile yet) Book #12 in the Wings of Fire series
Growing up in the hives, Cricket has always had a million questions. How can she stay hidden and discover the queen's deadliest secret?
08. The horticulture class is taking orders for candy bouquets. Traditional TWIX and SNICKERS bouquets are available.
There are three sizes of bouquets.
A large bouquet for $20 a bag bouquet for $10 and a limited supply of small bouquets for $7
Mrs. Zollner will be available during lunch this week to purchase your bouquet.
See Mrs. Zollner or one of the following students to get your order.
Skyler S., Ethan S., Jennifer E., Heidi I., Talitha H., Nicole S., MaKayla E.
09. WIDA/ACCESS testing for EL students Mon., 2/11-Wed., 3/13. You will be called if this pertains to you.
10. Tues., 2/12, P6 - Per state requirement, the 7th graders will be taking CPR/AED training. These 8th graders will also need to be there Kole C, Izzy R and Tyjenae S-H. Meet in the health room first (Mrs. Ross) and then we will go to the gym. This will take most of the period.
11. Senior High Knowledge Bowl - Practice will be EVERY FRIDAY!
KB will have a meet in Slayton on Monday, Feb. 11th. Practice in Ms. Schoephoerster's room at 3:30 pm to have practice before we leave at 4:30. Will return to Westbrook around 9:30 pm. Bring money for food.
Knowledge bowl students meet in Ms. Schoephoerster's room during lunch today to finalize plans for meet tonight.
12. Soccer - 7th & 8th gr. Students interested in Plum Creek Area Soccer this spring may pick up a registration form at the HS office. They are due to Kristy Baker by Feb. 15.
13. Minnesota Honor Society
Candidates will be notified of selection by 2/12.
Appeal requests due by 2/15.
Appeals notified by 2/22.
MHS induction ceremony on Mar. 4 in conjunction with music concert.
14. Speech - Practices are in Westbrook on Wednesdays at 3:30-5:30 or in Walnut Grove on Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. See Mrs. Caygle to schedule another time, if needed.
Speech shirts are in!!! See Mrs. C to pay/ pick up your shirt.
Sign up for Tracy on 2/12 and Redwood Valley on 2/16.
Speech at Minneota on Sat., 2/9.. Bus leaves WB at 6:45, WG at 7:30.
15. FCA will meet in Mrs. Byers room during lunch this Wednesday, February 13.
16. High School Spring Play tryouts are coming up Monday, 2/11, after school in Mrs. Kletscher’s room. If you are interested in going out for the play, please sign up at the office and come to tryouts next week. Based on interests and numbers, we can pick out a play to perform that will be fun for all!
17. Community Blood Bank blood drive will be at WWG HS on Mon., 3/4. 11:00-2:00 & 3:00-5:00.
Sign up at the HS office.
You must be 17 (16 w/parent permission. Get form from office), be in good health, and weigh at least 110 lbs.
18. There’s no better way to show you care than to send a donut to a friend! Purchase a donut to be sent to a friend on Valentine’s Day for $1. See any student council member or Mrs. Dibble by the end of the day Friday 2/8 to order. Donuts will be delivered after lunch on Feb 14.
19. 2019 Valentine's Day Singing Telegram
Pay a $1 to send someone a short a cappella song on Valentines Day.
Pay upon order to Karen or Mr. Nelson.
Sign up sheets in office and Choir room.
Last Day to order is Wednesday, February 13 end of the day.
20. SPORTS - Congrats to the varsity WWG girls basketball team on their 56-24 win over HLO/F on Friday night.
Congrats to the 8th grade boys basketball team who are the Red Rock Conference Champions this year with their wins over MCC and SWC on Saturday.
Schedule Change for girls bb……Tuesday’s game at Granada will start at 4:45 and the bus leaves at 2:45.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. PLC on Fri., 2/15, 7:45 AM.
03. Faculty meeting on Mon., 2/11, 7:45 AM.
Mon., 2/11 - ECFE at WG, Gym Night, 5:30.
Fri., 2/15 - Youth WR at WG, 6:00 PM.
Sat., 2/16 - 4th/5th boys basketball tourney at WB, 8:00 AM.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Tues., 2/12 - GB at Granada, 4:45-B, 6:00-Varsity. Bus leaves at 2:45.
Thurs., 2/14 - BB, Parents’ Night, Fulda at WB, 6:00. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-FCA, Conc. Supervisor-Byers.
WR, Team Sections at Tracy. Van leaves at 3:10.
Fri., 2/15 - GB, MLA at WB, 6:00. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Kletscher.
BB at Tracy, 4:45-C, followed by B and Varsity. Bus leaves WB at 3:50.
Sat., 2/16 - WR, Team Sections at Tracy.